Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-01-2024, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

STR does not increase aggro. STR increase your ATK which increases your avg damage. Aggro is based on potential damage and does not increase with ATK.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:27 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STR does not increase aggro. STR increase your ATK which increases your avg damage. Aggro is based on potential damage and does not increase with ATK.

I get that. As a totally untwinked warrior, my strength is 135ish maybe? I haven’t had trouble holding aggro in groups with wess and frosty, but at some point that str number being so low will be an issue
Old 03-01-2024, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Get better haste.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:05 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get better haste.
I feel like you’re answering a question I didn’t ask? I’m currently holding aggro fine with a wess and frosty. My haste item is a seahorse belt, so it’s not the best droppable haste but pretty good. The question is about sacrificing all other stats on a non twinked warrior for the sake of hit points. I’m specifically curious/concerned about my STR as a small race because it’s not good to begin with. Hope that provided clarity on the what I’m curious about.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:56 AM
Fire Giant

Do you use Cobalt boots? Clicky strength buff is amazing.
Don't swap the maelstrom cloak out until your over the 205sta point. Then iksar/hiero are good upgrades.
As long as your strong enough to hold your gear your fine, your already high enough to be capped with raid buffs.
Couple tink bags help holding the heavy junk
Last edited by PatChapp; 03-02-2024 at 09:01 AM..
Old 03-03-2024, 12:13 AM
Fire Giant

Stacking anything but DPS, AC and MR (in that order) when you’re leveling is stupid. Hitpoints are for 60, non farm content.
Old 03-03-2024, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

Oh ya I forgot about cobalt boots.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

for leveling strength can be valuable for maximizing DPS, but once you are 60 and raiding it is extremely trivial to hit cap with buffs so its not really a consideration regardless of race; you will hit cap at 187 with fos, 120 with fos+str, 100 with fos+str+pe. SWC is great on any slot you can put it on, its just massively better than the next best arm slot (which is much less true of shoulder/wrist).... but unless you have those high end items its a moot point and works find on your shoulder anyways.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:23 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for leveling strength can be valuable for maximizing DPS, but once you are 60 and raiding it is extremely trivial to hit cap with buffs so its not really a consideration regardless of race; you will hit cap at 187 with fos, 120 with fos+str, 100 with fos+str+pe. SWC is great on any slot you can put it on, its just massively better than the next best arm slot (which is much less true of shoulder/wrist).... but unless you have those high end items its a moot point and works find on your shoulder anyways.
SWC is awesome, but I don’t know why people keep recommending it. The thing might be the sweatiest quest in the game. You have to roll against like 30 people in a 10 hour window or whatever for AG, Sinew is a rare drop from both juggs and Trak, and urn is perma camped by like 1-2 guilds. Vulak loot seems more realistic.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

You can buy ring 2 and the urn. If you buy ring 2 you can also buy the sinew mq
Ring 2 pass through also available, you get the ring and mq it to the next person. Still very expensive,urns are going for 230 on green right now. I paid 100k for the ring mq