Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned

There's shades of grey with classic implementations and how things "should work" in theory and how things are game breaking, were only discovered later in EQ history and definitely should have to go.

Ninja trolling will be abound.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_savage1982 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be the first to admit that some matters have shades of gray but this is so completely black and white
You're right. It's very black and white. This is a classic server, and item recharging was classic, therefore we have item recharging. There's really no variation available or further explanation required.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Banned

I see your point man, but its like going back in time with the sports almanac Back to the Future style. It creates a very dark, alternate "1999" :P.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Giving pets low delay weapons that allowed them to attack REALLY fast with high damage was also classic yet that doesn't exist here. Explain.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Banned

Don't think so in Kunark.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a classic server, and item recharging was classic, therefore we have item recharging.
Exactly. See also:

This is a classic server, and class-based XP penalties were classic, therefore we have class-based XP penalties.

This is a classic server, and binding in the firepot room for a short duration was classic, therefore we were able to bind in the firepot room for a short duration.

This is a classic server, and manastones dropped for a period of time in classic, therefore we have X amount of manastones in game.

This is a classic server, and the moss-covered twig dropped for a period of time in classic, therefore we had the 3/10 moss-covered twig drop here for a while, too.

etc
etc
etc

If you make the case for one scenario of "fixed way before its time", then you make the case for everything else being fixed way before its time. Including class-based XP penalties. Alas, not part of the timeline yet.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

Would we ask the staff to go out of the way to implement other exploits that existed previously though. I know my share of pathing bugs etc I could test that could go back in. I'm sure a live GM wouldn't approve of recharging items and seeing a raid mob go down to hoops back in the day.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you make the case for one scenario of "fixed way before its time", then you make the case for everything else being fixed way before its time. Including class-based XP penalties. Alas, not part of the timeline yet.
I'm forgoing being called a troll, being called out with not having raid experience, and made fun of for not leading a guild on P99 (honestly who cares if I've never led a guild on P99) to maintain this point exactly.

Don't open a can of worms just because you disagree with the label.

Unless you can prove it's game-breaking, or as the original post claims (still unsubstantiated) not intended, nothing is going to get changed. The hoop was, in fact, game-breaking, so it was fixed. If you want sweeping changes to item recharging just because it was taken out four years later, then you are inherently supporting many other changes that have no business being on the timeline from launch to Velious.

As far as I can tell, item recharging on live was handled exactly as it is here: if something was broke, it was considered the exception, and that particular function of recharging was fixed. This was the case for the rez staff in particular. Lockets of escaped still worked all the way up until 2003, which is 2 years after our timeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would we ask the staff to go out of the way to implement other exploits that existed previously though. I know my share of pathing bugs etc I could test that could go back in. I'm sure a live GM wouldn't approve of recharging items and seeing a raid mob go down to hoops back in the day.
What are these exploits? Give them to the development team so that they can fix them. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right. It's very black and white. This is a classic server, and item recharging was classic, therefore we have item recharging. There's really no variation available or further explanation required.
Troll. Me and you keep going back and forth. If what you say is true then why did the Hoop get tampered with? If what you are stating is true: "It's very black and white."
Old 11-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Using a mass group Instaclick trick to kill a raid boss DOES trivialize the content...
If you think getting 26 people together and doing the same thing all at once is trivial, you have never led a guild before.
Closed Thread