Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazerous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the recharging is an exploit however i only want it fixed because i plan on playing on the red99 server. Recharging might not be a problem on blue server but however it IS a problem on red.
You can't recharge items too?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Kobold

The only clicky you've listed that I can somewhat agree with being game changing is a midnight mallet. However, very few people actually recharge it as its cheaper (most of the time) to just do the quest again. So even if item recharging was changed people would still farm this quest and have their mallet anyway.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Banned

Does anyone in here arguing the case being "for" item recharging also think necro/sk taps and lifetap weapon procs need to be fixed? Samoht etc?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

What makes me laugh is all the hypocrites on these forums. You got all these people who argue how everything should be left classic and that the spell system should be classic on red99. Then in this this and other threads about recharging they spam that it should be nerfed/changed or whatever. Pathetic..
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

The expensive form of recharging i don't think will become a problem for years, however the exploit form of recharging, IE handing an item to an NPC that doesn't want it for quest, and him giving it back recharged. That needs to be fixed, because that is definitely *NOT CLASSIC*.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The expensive form of recharging i don't think will become a problem for years, however the exploit form of recharging, IE handing an item to an NPC that doesn't want it for quest, and him giving it back recharged. That needs to be fixed, because that is definitely *NOT CLASSIC*.
This is true, but other then that recharging should be left as it's always been.

However if there are some items that get abused and influence the game to strongly like the Invandyr's Hoop did then there definitely should be nerfs to those items only.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone in here arguing the case being "for" item recharging also think necro/sk taps and lifetap weapon procs need to be fixed? Samoht etc?
I really think you need to create your own thread to complain about them fixing life taps instead of insisting on piggy-backing your issue on the recharge thread. They're unrelated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read that in the R99 thread about things to fix. The guy who reported it did not specify whether or not he did a bug report on it. It's irresponsible if he didn't, but some people would rather complain about things rather than take the time to present a proper case on fixing them. I'm not finding the post right now and don't have the time or a reason to keep looking.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you just described here is more complicated than just raiding normally. Have u even seen end-game content here? There would be no point in using all those clickies, its just easier to be good at the game and use your spells. Good tanks dont get agro snatched from them, good clerics dont let ppl die without using any clicks. Good dps can do their dmg using their mana and not die(goes back to tanks keeping agro.) All the things you describe make me think you have zero experience in a raid scenario.

Guilds dont raid the way they do because its "the way it ought to be." we raid that way because its the most efficient way. Using all those click items like u suggested is just dumb.
I dont think it would any more complicated than using the clicks you folks already use. You mentioned using the mallet, Charging or redoing quest aside. If you dont mind me asking what other sort of charged items might you use on raids? I dont blame any warrior for using the mallet btw, Warrior innate Swing/hit agro is way off on p99 imo

I dont think its anymore complicated than having 12 spell slots and knowing when to use them instead of 8. You make it sound like it would have to be some kind of choriographed masterpiece.

I have not done much end game content on P99. I was one of the first dozen or two on p99 to 60 ( just saying im not some lvl 40 who knows nothing ) I did however raid from 1999-2004 On Povar with Forces Unknown and Triton, and before the server split with Xev, The Grey Council and Harmonium.. See earlier posts of me mentioning I was with Triton when Bentos completed the 10th ring war. So I do have raid experience.

Look, im not saying anyone must have these things to complete any content. Any decent guild with the proper amount of people really dont have to have them. This is 11 year old content after all. Although some items might make things easier and possibally trivialize parts of an encounter. When things get harder with VP and velious btw ( I lol at all the 32k /flexing™ ) These clicks become much more useful and unbalanced.

Ive heard about the idol ( invuln ) training in sky here on p99 back in the day. People have great imaginations and will figure out every way to use and abuse click items. There are so many of them, with so many effects, more issues are bound to come up IMHO.
Last edited by Brinkman; 11-11-2011 at 08:12 PM..
Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you dont mind me asking what other sort of charged items might you use on raids?
None, the other charged items simply are not useful in any capacity. Sry bro, like i said before, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

The DA idols arent even rechargable, so that shouldn't even find its way into your argument.
Last edited by M.Bison; 11-11-2011 at 08:10 PM..
Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None, the other charged items simply are not useful in any capacity. Sry bro, like i said before, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Somebody doesnt want all thier clickies nerfed!

So sad ;(
Closed Thread