Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Banned

quality people like urself! cream of the litter crop
Old 10-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse35 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would they lose money? You don't think people would be willing to be GM's for free? The ones here do it.
There are no volunteer GMs at SOE. The volunteers at SOE are "guides" and don't have anywhere near the kind of abilities as the GMs do. SOE has paid staff that act as GMs in game...they use volunteers to run events and "settle" player disputes. But they cannot manipulate players inventory, spawn mobs or issue bans without escalating the matter to an actual employee of SOE.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are no volunteer GMs at SOE. The volunteers at SOE are "guides" and don't have anywhere near the kind of abilities as the GMs do. SOE has paid staff that act as GMs in game...they use volunteers to run events and "settle" player disputes. But they cannot manipulate players inventory, spawn mobs or issue bans without escalating the matter to an actual employee of SOE.
SOE > Hey Sirken dawg wanna be GM of our new classic server?

Sirken> Fuck yea

SOE> cool we will not be paying you for your time as this is just something we are doing for the players.

Sirken > 0 fucks.. I love helping people in EQ.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the dates of our C&D letters would disagree with that statement [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but either way, as i've said on my stream, Yeahlight was very good at what he does. but it was absolutely foolish of him to put any time or resources or energy into a project that he was going to abandon if it was not supported by SoE (which was exactly the case for those of you that dont know the tale). i could have saved him a ton o time and told him that SoE would never do that.
Legal and the rest of the dev team do not communicate as far as I am aware, they only answer to management.

I was more so talking specifically about the EQ1/EQ2 dev team.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

so, wtf is gnollpup making?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would lose money just on the support staff they would have to hire to babysit the man-children that would inhabit a classic server.
If you charged $15 a month sub, how would you not be shitting out profit? maybe I don't understand the costs to run a server but I can see a minimum 2000 subs for $30000 monthly revenue. If you can't make profit on that, you're doing it wrong.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Kobold

i cant believe people actually followed this shit like it was going to happen.

Asmoth (sloth reborn)
17 Human Shadowknight <Inglorious Basterds>

Krysanth Firemedic P99 Red
Rogue
Old 10-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

The "appalling PMs" is obviously a smokescreen to excuse his abandoning the project. It's so transparent. Can't respect a guy who has to try and save face instead of being a man and giving his community the honesty they deserve. Anyone with any sense has seen this shit for the vaporware it is for years now, but he still shouldn't lie to the people who were being patient and loyal to him. That whole "I'm gonna do custom content" thing was probably just contrived to create an atmosphere that would let him feel justified in quitting.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse35 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken > 0 fucks.. I love helping people in EQ.
rofl

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 10-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Aviak

Hey guys this one time I built a house for my wife and kids which took me around 5 years. Right before we installed the front door... I knocked the fucker down.
Closed Thread