Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we get a developer to comment? They have to see this... and the paly/sk skill bug.

Two of the most requested and bumped topics in this section.

Wondering if they are working on some kind of solution behind the scenes before making a comment that could be subject to change etc.

Even a "we are aware of the problem" would be greatly appreciated... anything so the community isnt stranded spinning their wheels.

Reread the thread. They've been here. They've heard us. They don't care.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

They'll get around to it. They probably aren't extremely concerned with this issue since it literally only affects three items in the game, and developer bandwidth is already stretched pretty thin. It might be one of the most important issues for rogues, which is what I main, but developing game content like Chardok 2.0 etc. is still more important imo.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Seven months and no confirmation that they consider it a bug. Could a dev take 10 seconds to quote my post and say "It's a bug" please?
Old 02-18-2017, 01:50 AM
Aviak

I know the staff is doing all this for free, and cutting them some slack etc. thank more complain less etc.

But after a while... its like really? I see new bug posts about trivial things like wrong spell graphics being responded to and fixed, lots of low hanging fruit being looked at.

But the ones that are actually detrimental to players and theres a big push/interest in - stubborn silence.

Its like they'd rather work on changes that make it harder for players. God forbid they prioritize fixes that would actually benefit players for once... dont even get me started on their fuzzy 'classic' logic they apply intermitently.

'Aoe cap to 25 because computers wouldnt have been able to handle it back then'... just say you want to stop chardok pulls... dont dance around the issue. Things like that just demonstrate lack of conviction. And thats why it feels like passive aggressive, uncommunicative, and out of touch staff.

Ugh...I think i enjoyed playing more when i didnt read the forums... ignorance is bliss.

On the upside - Cant wait for Path of Exile new update! Buying an xbox just to play their port!
Old 02-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see new bug posts about trivial things like wrong spell graphics being responded to and fixed, lots of low hanging fruit being looked at.
That stuff is pretty much exclusively handled by Telin, who wasn't going to be making game mechanic changes anyway. Telin is the aesthetics/low-hanging fruit guy.

Quote:
But the ones that are actually detrimental to players and theres a big push/interest in - stubborn silence.

Its like they'd rather work on changes that make it harder for players. God forbid they prioritize fixes that would actually benefit players for once
Ignoring an issue that is marginally detrimental to one class whose epic can be obtained in a day doesn't really bother me. On a server as top-heavy and loot-saturated as P99, making rogues' lives a little more punishing can only be a good thing.

Quote:
'Aoe cap to 25 because computers wouldnt have been able to handle it back then'... just say you want to stop chardok pulls... dont dance around the issue. Things like that just demonstrate lack of conviction.
People are going to complain about this shit regardless of how the staff justifies it, as your post clearly demonstrates. There simply is no way to make any change on P99 without a handful of whiners and ingrates crying for shame.

Quote:
And thats why it feels like passive aggressive, uncommunicative, and out of touch staff.
Let's not overattribute their silence. Instead of griping about the issues they don't address, be thankful that the server exists at all, and try to show just a little bit of appreciation for the P99 developers who volunteer their time to a largely thankless task.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Aviak

@paul

thanks for bump
Old 02-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Bump
Old 02-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Project Manager

People reply to this thread like it was a new bug. If my previous replies were not clear, this has never worked as intended, since the modifications I made didn't affect it. Resolving the other issues brought this into the spotlight.

I was hoping for a real fix, i.e. code developers discover why Haste effects built into spells were not functioning properly, and go from there. Unfortunately, this didn't occur soon enough.

So, I will look into suggestions posted here, such as removing Haste component from the spell, and adding a set Haste amount to the item itself.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Aviak

That is great news!

Thank you!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

thank you Nilbog !