Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Worked like that on Al'Kabor and should work like that here.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, on Al'Kabor invulnerability didn't remove your name from hate lists, but it did set your threat to 1. It's kind of a silly/exploitable mechanic when coupled with bards' group DA song, but it did indeed exist.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Bump. All Invulnerability effects should immediately drop your position in the Hate list to the bare minimum value, even after the invulnerability effect has worn off.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump. All Invulnerability effects should immediately drop your position in the Hate list to the bare minimum value, even after the invulnerability effect has worn off.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Yea this is my dream.

Bards being put in Bane wizard groups to burn group DA for an aggro dump mid fight is so classic. One of the few group synergy mechanics and we don't even have it here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 10-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

It was native to the game that's how they fixed DA Tanking, by making the DA function as a hate removal. Having mobs not prioritize DA people was a later change beyond PoP when using this became too powerful.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Bump for this classic mechanic. Worked on EQMac. This is how it was from the DA aggro fix in classic until the short duration window introduction in LoY from what I can tell.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:13 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Giving the classes that have DA an aggro drop is way too powerful and doesn't sound intentional. I don't recall this being the case in any of my time in classic, otherwise we wouldn't have seen issues with clerics and aggro management during a boss fight and tank swaps, etc. Specifically, we also remember people using CotH during classic to lower cleric aggro (Which wouldn't be necessary if they could DA), AND we also have the whole Conquest incident (combination of CotH and hiding clerics so they couldn't be pathed to, prior to summon being implemented).

There's just too much evidence against this, as well as being way too strong in game balancing.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think their intent was for it to be an aggro dump, that was just the way for them to figure out the DA Tanking issue from earlier in classic.

The Cleric aggro issue on engages was due to a bad roll on the CH witness check and warriors not using click aggro on engage.

It definitely existed on Al'Kabor, and there is evidence about the tactic with bards using Group DA on bards.

While I do understand this would shake up the balance of the current meta, there are far more imbalanced things on P99 than this would be. The extreme use of clicky aggro and clicky instant CHs for example. Plenty of other Titanium client related things that also are imbalanced compared to the classic era like Cycle Target and scroll wheel to 3rd person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9opZFThy95w

This Cleric does a group CH on Sontalak and immediately DAs and clicks it off a little after. As a way to burn aggro.
Last edited by Daldaen; 02-20-2017 at 03:25 PM..
Old 03-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sorry that the players on your server were not aware how DA works but on my server of Tallon Zek this was a WELL known mechanic used in PVE and PVP to get mobs off you for a bit.

There is 0 evidence against this and is not as OP as some of the unclassic things still on this server, It does not wipe your agro on a mob only puts you in the bottom of the agro list. Reading the first page on this thread
Gives you 100% proof that this is classic and should be on p99.

I have seen a trend in the bug fix section where classic things that make life harder on players are implemented very quick while anything that slightly helps players is ignored for years. If it is the intention of the staff to make things harder and not classic thats fine, but tell your player base what you want.
Agreed.
Seems like classic mechanics are hand picked here.
Closed Thread