Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Default Class choice

I have a shaman at level 50, but I don't want to put 250k into him getting epic and torpor.

Would I be better rerolling to enchanter / Necro for farming? or i have an epic monk at 52, would that be better?
Last edited by Kelor; 02-26-2017 at 01:19 PM..
Old 02-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

For farming Iksar necro.

Some will tell you enchanter. But seeing as how you already have a shm and mnk. I think adding an enchanter into the mix would just add one more class to gear up. With a necro you can use pretty crappy gear and still farm effectively.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 02-26-2017 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-26-2017, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Well torpor is like 100-120 and epic is around 75 I think. I'm assuming you don't want to get them normally? Can spend time in Seb or join a guild?

If you're just wanting a character to farm, necro is probably the easiest, but chanter isn't bad, just don't have FD.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Yeah i don't really have time for a guild.

I think maybe druid for ports / farming, or necro might be my best bet.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 AM
Fire Giant

Honestly, your shaman is going to solo just fine without an epic and you still have a long ass haul to 60. While you can certainly utilize an epic at 50, you can't do anything with Torpor until you actually hit 60, except sit there and stare at the scroll. And if you just want to stare at a scroll icon, I will gladly sell you one for half of the cost of torpor. You have one of the most capable farming classes already leveled through the crap levels, I highly recommend using it.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

I agree with you issar. It would be far more rewarding in the long run to push on trough to 60 on the shm or monk or both!

My first class was mage and I still use my mage from time to time to farm plat/vendor food. It helps mix things up and kinda be lazy mode. I wish I rolled a necro, they save so much more utility than a mage and can farm just as well. Here nor there.. my mage is far more effective at plat/vendor trash farming than my shm who, with torpor can cheese some pretty big targets solo. But that's not to say my mage couldn't chain summon them down.

So I really think it depends on what the OP considers 'farming'.
shm/monk/enchanter/necro will all have a place in a group. They all can solo effectively, some more than others but let's not split hairs on that subject. I know first hand how underwhelming it feels to have a shaman without their epic and torpor. All you got is a couple dots, a pet and maybe jbb for damage. And if his monk isn't twinked it will also feel relatively weak solo.

I pushed iksar necro up front because you can pretty much play darn near naked and still make decent to good raw plat per hour.

@Kelor What does 'farming' mean to you? And or don't you know or are perhaps unsure?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

My xp capped shaman (60) still doesn't have epic. As nice as it would be, not having it never hurt given my preferred play style in groups. Soloing would have been faster with it and I still plan on obtaining.

Save for the important spells in your future while working faction. Torpor and Malo will do more for you in the long run compared to paying 50-75k for the tear and fight.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-28-2017, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you issar. It would be far more rewarding in the long run to push on trough to 60 on the shm or monk or both!

My first class was mage and I still use my mage from time to time to farm plat/vendor food. It helps mix things up and kinda be lazy mode. I wish I rolled a necro, they save so much more utility than a mage and can farm just as well. Here nor there.. my mage is far more effective at plat/vendor trash farming than my shm who, with torpor can cheese some pretty big targets solo. But that's not to say my mage couldn't chain summon them down.

So I really think it depends on what the OP considers 'farming'.
shm/monk/enchanter/necro will all have a place in a group. They all can solo effectively, some more than others but let's not split hairs on that subject. I know first hand how underwhelming it feels to have a shaman without their epic and torpor. All you got is a couple dots, a pet and maybe jbb for damage. And if his monk isn't twinked it will also feel relatively weak solo.

I pushed iksar necro up front because you can pretty much play darn near naked and still make decent to good raw plat per hour.

@Kelor What does 'farming' mean to you? And or don't you know or are perhaps unsure?
That's a good point. To get a more definitive answer you have to be more detailed and explain exactly how you want to farm plats.
Closed Thread