Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Lets Talks About Velious Binding Rules

Problem:

Players can currently bind in Velious INDOOR dungeons. This is not a classic mechanic.

Binding Guide 2001

Quote:
Exactly where a caster can bind themselves depends on what area of the game we're talking about. In the area of the original game (i.e. Antonica, Faydwer, and Odus) a caster can bind themself anywhere, inside or out. In Kunark and Velious, however, they are only able to bind themselves in outdoor areas, and can not bind themselves in dungeons.
Basically what we have right now is an issue where Velious is allowing players to bind themselves anywhere they want (except Kael, which has restrictions on binding outside of entrance areas). Players should only be able to bind in outdoor zones or in cities. However currently players on P99 can bind in indoor dungeons.

This is not classic and it poses an enormous balance issue. Indoor Velious dungeons should not allow players to bind in, caster or Melee with Locket. This means people on P99 can incorrectly bind in:
  • Tower of Frozen Shadow
  • Crystal Caverns
  • Velketor's Labryinth
  • Dragon Necropolis
  • Temple of Veeshan
  • Sleeper's Tomb

For the lower level zones this doesn't present too much of a balance concern. However in Velks, DN, ToV and ST you are able to do some ridiculous trains and pulls that weren't remotely possible in classic via using monks binding with lockets, Necros FDed with non-aggroed pets, instant gate potions and TL boxes. You can bind mages in safe spots in ToV or Velks or DN and gate to instantly set up CotH chains as well.

There is no evidence to suggest you could ever bind in any of these indoor Kunark or Velious zones. All posts about bind spots from classic refer to "behind Sontalak at ToV" or "outside of Sebilis". No one was binding inside these Kunark/Velious dungeons because it wasn't possible, and never has been on Live. Even today you cannot bind characters in these high end dungeons.

Evidence:

Halls of Testing Guide

Quote:
- Casters bind at the two Colums before enttering ToV
EQClerics 2001 Bind Talk

Quote:
Lately? Behind Sontalak at the entrance to Temple of Veeshan.
Quote:
Greetings!

Outside ToV behind Sontalak.
Quote:
Outside ToV behind Sontolak, popular spot....

I also have my druid bound there so I can go wherever I want for other raids, bank etc, and gate back.
Quote:
Hehehe, same as a lot of others. Outside ToV at the zone-in pillar behind Sontalak.
EQClerics HoT Guide 2001

Quote:
1. Getting to ToV will be easy as you are not KoS to CoV - so you dont have to worry about Sontalak. Have all casters bind right outside
Allakhazam Zone Comments

Quote:
For those who have visited this place I have a few questions I would like to ask :

1 ) Where is the nearest zone other than ToV you can bind in (also tanks)
Quote:
1) Yes Skyshrine for melees, but casters can bind right there in WW. I'd just be very careful as to where you bind there....
I'll dig for more but everything here points to suggesting you could not bind inside. There isn't any reason everyone would bind outside when Sontalak could be trained on them when instead they could bind inside ToV in the safe entry room.

Indoor Kunark/Velious dungeons should all be flagged NO bind.

Solution:
  • Any player with a bind location in one of the above zones should have their bind location reset to East Commonlands (or some default safe zone).
  • Prevent any player from binding in these zones in the future.
Last edited by Daldaen; 12-01-2015 at 11:05 AM..
Old 12-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Kobold

A+

This is going to make TOV Pulls more entertaining.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

i agree with and support this message. Will also mean coth chains down to Trak would become non-existent which would really liven up the race
Old 12-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

This is Gods work you are doing. You might have passed Ele for prime Classhole!

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 12-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree with and support this message. Will also mean coth chains down to Trak would become non-existent which would really liven up the race
There shouldn't be anyone bound in Seb/HS/KC, mages camp on the ledge and bind at the orb outside or have someone that can gate/evac to zone in start the chain.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

You cannot bind in Crystal caverns. Have you tested these zones?
Old 12-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats this have to do with Trak coth chains?
Old 12-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could bind in TOFS on Beta server - havnt tested on live but Id wager u still can
Last edited by Erati; 12-01-2015 at 12:01 PM..
Old 12-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've tested ToV, DN, And Velks on P99 live. Those ones certainly allow players to bind in zone, and it should not allow that.

It does appear the CC one is classicly working as intended thanks to Classhole Ele:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...l+Caverns+Bind

I just grouped up all the in-door dungeons. I don't personally have any toons who have leveled in CC or ToFS so I don't have much experience there.

I forgot to include Siren's Grotto as well.
Last edited by Daldaen; 12-01-2015 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

ToV is the worst offender. Not being able to bind at WToV/Mischief/other spots would mean people would have to come up with a lot more strats for pulls than just TL Boxes on Monks/necros.

It would also give Dragon factioned guilds a proper advantage on WToV dragons.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread