Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Default How much CHA is needed for PAL lull?

How much cha is needed for lull to succeed fairly frequently for the paladin? Anyone have any idea or tested this?
Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Lull will always fail a lot against targets that matter because it's a magic-based spell with no resist check. As Jeremy says, you want charisma so things don't attack you when it fails (critical resist). There is no magic value here. Enchanters with 255 Charisma still see critical resists from time to time. Simply obtain as many high-charisma items as is practical.

Danth
Old 02-15-2017, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Old 02-16-2017, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the clarification and info. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2017, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

I swap out a few pieces to get to 140 CHA when I'm pulling low dark blues. It makes a big difference compared to my normal gear level of 68 CHA. Like people have said, there's no magic number, but the higher you can go the better.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Definitely saw a huge decrease in crit resists after getting to ~100 so I would shoot for that at a minimum. But if you find yourself lulling more often than not then it's well worth it to get as much as possible. Easy 1-2-3 setup is Kobold Jester Crown (+30), Dragonskin Mask (+10-13), and a Luminary Two-handed Sword (+32 on a proc'd buff). All 3 will cost you around 2k for ~75 charisma and you don't have to worry about swapping items in and out constantly.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 02-16-2017, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

More is always better.

Charisma buffed to over 200 on bard - first resist splitting Emp in seb crit resist - sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . Had to rush in and eat the death so they could Rez me in to try again.

Get it as high as you can if you're attempting a split that would kill or wipe you or group. For general stuff, just try to get over 100.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-16-2017, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely saw a huge decrease in crit resists after getting to ~100 so I would shoot for that at a minimum. But if you find yourself lulling more often than not then it's well worth it to get as much as possible. Easy 1-2-3 setup is Kobold Jester Crown (+30), Dragonskin Mask (+10-13), and a Luminary Two-handed Sword (+32 on a proc'd buff). All 3 will cost you around 2k for ~75 charisma and you don't have to worry about swapping items in and out constantly.
Ahh cool, didn't even know about this sword, thanks! I have a crown though, and some other minor cha items. I will grab one of those masks too sometime.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is just something about that number....

Ah, yes, 42.0
Old 02-16-2017, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh cool, didn't even know about this sword, thanks! I have a crown though, and some other minor cha items. I will grab one of those masks too sometime.
Guess I should mention, I didn't see a single damn sword for sale for about 2 weeks when I decided to get one. Had to go farm it myself, but only took a couple hours.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Closed Thread