Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Aviak

Will try, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Aviak

I didn't change anything and no more crashes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Large Bat

Wow thought I was the only one..I crash about 35% of the time I zone. I run Windows XP SP3. It basically freezes and I have to ctrl alt del to close EQ.

It's crucial suckage =(

I'll try the texture caching fix when i get home to see if it works
Last edited by BlazeKING; 03-13-2010 at 03:07 PM..
Old 03-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Kobold

Rogean, just reformatted my Acer laptop. I'm running vista 32bit on an AMD proc. I never had the problem before but did have a dual core issue, I can only assume it has something to do with that. I can't get wineq2 to work for it, but have tried a few other things.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Kobold

Rogean,

I'm having the freezing problem while zoning as well, causing me to alt f4 out and restart the game. I'm also having a problem on the server select, and character select screens. After typing in login credentials, I'll get a blank server selection screen sometimes, forcing me to log out and back in. Sometimes I have to do this multiple times. When I do finally get servers to come up, and pick P99, I'll get to char select screen. However, sometimes after choosing my character, I'll never load into the game, it just freezes at the char select screen. I tie this problem and the zoning problem together, as I think it's the same concept (zoning from one zone to another vs. zoning into the game = zoning). The server select part just baffles me.

Anyways, I've tried the WinEQ2. No dice. Turned off Texture Caching, like someone had suggested. No dice. I've looked in my Everquest directory, and apparently I have no dbg.txt file.

Any help you could provide when you're free would be great, thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by taamas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After typing in login credentials, I'll get a blank server selection screen sometimes, forcing me to log out and back in. Sometimes I have to do this multiple times.
This is a known issue, I'm not sure there's a fix for this, usually i'll get the blank server screen if i have left a torrent client open (not necessarily downloading) or if the network i'm on is using alot of bandwidth.

Turning these off usually fixes the problem.

I enchant things...
Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Kobold

Thanks for the info Omnimorph!

I don't think the issue I have with the server select is torrent client-related because when I play all I have open is EQ and sometimes internet pages in the background if I'm looking something up. The network bandwidth comment applies to me moreso though, since the other user on the network streams alot of videos. I believe that might be whats causing it then, oh well. Thanks!

Hopefully I can get more insight on the zone crashing thing though, as that issue is more annoying. Of course I didn't crash at all last night after zoning about 7 times. Go figure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by taamas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've looked in my Everquest directory, and apparently I have no dbg.txt file.
You should have a logs directory inside your Everquest directory. The dbg.txt file should be there.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Aviak

I have only played about 6 hours since, but I have not crashed since I turned off texture caching.

win 7 64bit core 2 duo
Old 05-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

how do you turn off caching? im not seeing it anywhere in options