Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can afk just about anywhere. Can go just about anywhere. Easy epic. Great damage. Little to no responsibility in most group/raid scenarios (aside from CRs)...
That about sums it up. Also it's not really a heavily gear dependent class either since they aren't going to be tanking damage often. Epic is easy to get and has haste on it so that's two birds with one stone.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fashion quest doesn't matter because dark elf mask.
You can still only equip a dress if your race is Human, Dark Elf, or Gnome. The rest of the Rogue races cannot equip them.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's kind of my sentiment too haha.

I just was wondering if there were particular zones or places rogues liked to sneak around, or things they did that a casual player wouldn't really know about.

The rogue game mechanics are so simple I figure there has to be more to it, that keep some people glued to their rogues. Like some secret rogues-only activities that go on I am not aware of. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, it's a kinetic type of game play on a rogue that keeps you very very active. If you have a great tank and the mob's back never moves, that's one thing. But it's pretty fun sneaking in backstabs in the middle of chaotic situations.

NToV corpse recoveries / dragon pulling (is this still a thing?) are really fun too. LoS ducking the see invis and certain death awaiting you if you get caught has an appeal. And if nothing else, I can invis forever as long as no one AEs me. I get lost ALOT...
Old 02-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, it's a kinetic type of game play on a rogue that keeps you very very active. If you have a great tank and the mob's back never moves, that's one thing. But it's pretty fun sneaking in backstabs in the middle of chaotic situations.

NToV corpse recoveries / dragon pulling (is this still a thing?) are really fun too. LoS ducking the see invis and certain death awaiting you if you get caught has an appeal. And if nothing else, I can invis forever as long as no one AEs me. I get lost ALOT...
I seen what you wrote about races too, I am bored with my casters and druids and pally atm just want a pure melee or close to pure melee dps now to play for a bit while I take a break from my other toons.

I have considered races over and over, looked at stats, which makes it hard to not pick dwarf or barb due to such nice stats.

That being said I am going to see if I can get into a gnome only because they seem uncommon and I never played one, ever. Their tiny stature seems funny too.

I wanted to see what kind of gameplay rogues encounter so I have something to look forward to myself, being I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this class.

Thanks everyone for your perspectives, feel free to add any other thoughts.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

My next character will be a Rogue and probably be human since my main and only character on Live was a human Rogue. Nice thing about Rogue is pierce is mainly the only main weapon skill you will want to use.

The only downfall for Rogue on P99 is there is some skills that are looked over or skipped such as Hand to Hand, Pick Pocket, Safe Fall, Apply Poison, Make Poison and Instill Doubt.

You can try and train Pick Pocket if you solo but try doing it in a group and everyone will be bitchin up a storm.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

If you raise it early on, like putting it in your evade macro, and let your group know you're doing it.. Ask if it's cool, maybe. Most people don't have a problem with it. When real gems are on the loot table, people usually do. Get 200 by 40 for epic and leave it alone after.

Not like you can steal from anything on this server. Skill got over nerfed incorrectly to humanoid only and with a great deal of pleading, giants too.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

1) Rogue DPS is pretty insane. If you've only ever played casters and hybrids before it will blow your mind to watch the combat spam you generate.

2) Rogue race is not that important. To illustrate: I've got a non-epic Gnome Rogue twink with inexpensive EC tunnel gear and can cap STR with buffs. Barb or Dwarf with points in STA to min/max (boring). Human, Wood Elf or Gnome for style. Dark Elf to flummox people and truly piss off min/maxers you encounter.

3) Rogues are a nice laid back grouping class. You feel like you're always contributing highly to the group (and you are) despite not having to do much compared to most other classes.

4) Rogues are very easy to twink (STR gear is cheap and abundant) and have the easiest Epic.

5) You can never have enough Rogues in a group or raid. They stack in this regard better than any other class.

6) Do not roll a Rogue with the intention of fear kite duoing with a Necro or Druid. Just trust me. Rog/Shm, Rog/Pal and even Rog/Clr are all good duos, however.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Rog/Brd an amazing outdoor duo. Perma snared and feared mobs while being perma hasted? Don't mind if I do.

If I make a second Rogue (Naggy/Vox alt probably), it'll be a Gnome. Wall hacks and fashion quest robes are great, and stats are easy. The only time I ever regret being short is when I'm naked, out of endurance, and hungry, while trying to get out of ToV at LTK.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

I made a rogue, gnome at that! I probably should have done all stamina at the start, but man my strength was so low... I ended up mixing str and sta so I started with 80 and 80.

So far the gnome is fun, made a female, love how silly she looks when running, and that huge helm with tiny skinny arms and legs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am going to try to work the rogue epic without buying it, not sure how hard it is etc.

Also already used wall vision when investigating Freeport tunnels, I could view what NPCs were on the other side of the wall when in the building areas underneath.

My favorite thing about being so small is how much easier it is to target mobs and move around them etc.

Anyway, hoping this character can be my melee alt when I get tired of playing my casters!
Old 02-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a rogue, gnome at that! I probably should have done all stamina at the start, but man my strength was so low... I ended up mixing str and sta so I started with 80 and 80.

So far the gnome is fun, made a female, love how silly she looks when running, and that huge helm with tiny skinny arms and legs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am going to try to work the rogue epic without buying it, not sure how hard it is etc.

Also already used wall vision when investigating Freeport tunnels, I could view what NPCs were on the other side of the wall when in the building areas underneath.

My favorite thing about being so small is how much easier it is to target mobs and move around them etc.

Anyway, hoping this character can be my melee alt when I get tired of playing my casters!
1. Half str, half sta is fine, starting stats barely matter at all in the long run as a rogue.

2. Epic is harder than it used to be but it's still by far one of the easiest epics.

3. Gnomes are ugly you chose wrong.
Closed Thread