Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupitaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you cast dispel on them, just wondering. And any other tips for spectre hunting ?
Because the ones at the top of the tower are not in line of sight. You can however target the from outside on the ground if your looking up at the proper angle. Then you use dispel because you don't need line of sight to cast it (iirc it operates like a heal in that sense). And voila, you've got incoming

Also, kaesora is fun for learning to charm on a necro. And insane exp
Old 02-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the ones at the top of the tower are not in line of sight. You can however target the from outside on the ground if your looking up at the proper angle. Then you use dispel because you don't need line of sight to cast it (iirc it operates like a heal in that sense). And voila, you've got incoming

Also, kaesora is fun for learning to charm on a necro. And insane exp
yea this is accurate - dispel doesn't have a line of sight check and it doesn't social the other ones that are up top. Its probably technically a bug/glitch but I believe it to be classic as well. Same thing foes for Numb the Dead in Howling Stones, you can cast it without LoS to reduce adds. when charming.

other tip is when you are breaking the camp bring them down to the peninsula that leads out towards the underwater goblin fort. You need to keep them SLLLOOOWED and DoT'd, if slow wears off they are going to run into another spectre. once you get the first 2 down it gets pretty easy.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

You can always hang out in Mistmoore and just have your pet /assist the main tank.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Unrest FTW
Old 02-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Sarnak

Kaesora for indoor.

FV or frontier mountains for outdoors.

I've never done any guard killing for xp, so I can't say these are better, but they are very good xp at those lvls.

Any Kunark brute model mob in lvl range is a good choice too. Low hps and good xp! Usually respawns very fast too.

GL!
Old 02-21-2017, 05:11 AM
Large Bat

For 34-39, I like the guards at the North Karana bridge. Super easy to ST split, root-rot to death, then repeat. They're on a fairly short timer, and die quick when dotted up. Once you have them broken, you can break out the pet and fear them around rather than relying on Root-Rot (they break Root, the spell, fairly often).

Once you hit 39 I suggest Feerrott or Oasis specs, they die super easy.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Misty Thicket guards is pretty solid, and a nice little cash in spot. That's how most necro's use to afford their CoS before they were nerfed. Crystal Caverns is also a fun little zone you can toy around in from 30ish to well into your 40s.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Nurga is another option, post i've reposted a few times.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=377
Old 02-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Aviak

From 34-37 I did FM (Frontier Mountains) giants at the fort and as long as you stay near the fort you shouldn't have to worry about getting adds while fighting giants and when you're are 34 you get new fear and your root.

You can safely fear kite outside the fort, but from my experience you want to not do that inside the fort and instead maybe root rot.

I then headed to OT to try it a bit and managed to get a level there so then I was 38, and then decided to try out the spectres - I first tried them out at 36 and that was deadly and painful since some of the specs were white or even yellow to me and resisted all my spells.

But once I was 38 I didn't have an issue with the spectres as much as I did back when I was 36... I then leveled from 38-40 on spectres and I am now back in OT killing mobs since now it seems to go a lot better now that I'm 40. I decided to head back to OT since the spectres were getting slow being in a hell level and I guess what normally happens is they (the oasis ones) are always camped.

Also what I was using myself was sasserdrix's necro guide and that kind of tells you where to go, I'm not sure where it sent you at 34-37, but I think 37-44 was specs I believe?