Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Retired Guide

Hi guys.

Have a little tolerance. Blue server is thriving. I doubt anyone would complain about a few going over to red. It might open up some of the camps you guys are always fighting over.

This is a project. Right now the Red Server needs the attention. It's like when you go to the emergency room with a broken toe and someone comes in with a collapsed lung after you and gets treatment before you. Your toe is going to get fixed right after we save the collapsed lung.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

I am sorry if this is such a major inconvenience for you. If I were in your position I don't think broadcasting about another project the people who's server I play on run would bother me that much, but I guess everyone responds differently to different situations.

You play here for free. There are no advertisements, no subscription fee, and no pay to win model. We have decided to promote Red 99 this week, and we ask that you respect our desires while you enjoy your time here. If you do not want to play on Red, you do not have to listen to my broadcasts or click on my threads, but please do not come here protesting on our forums about our promotions of one of our servers.

Thanks and <3.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

btw, when I deleted your last thread, that was my nice way of saying 'drop it'.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys.

Have a little tolerance. Blue server is thriving. I doubt anyone would complain about a few going over to red. It might open up some of the camps you guys are always fighting over.

This is a project. Right now the Red Server needs the attention. It's like when you go to the emergency room with a broken toe and someone comes in with a collapsed lung after you and gets treatment before you. Your toe is going to get fixed right after we save the collapsed lung.
While I don't agree with your analogy, since this case I am speaking of would be more akin to that person with a collapsed lung coming into my house and death heaving right on top of my broken toe, I can completely agree with the idea that this is all a project and we should help each other out.

Sure, they need help and they need players. That's fine and events are a great way to do that! But having the commercial jammed in our faces day in and out is not giving Red a good name in the first place.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Last edited by Ingrum; 04-29-2014 at 07:00 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw, when I deleted your last thread, that was my nice way of saying 'drop it'.
I never closed my lines of communications would have appreciated a message or something. Also, from my understanding you deleted multiple people's threads and posts immediately after making your broadcast.

That seems a bit unfair and in my opinion a very immature use of powers.

I will end my speculation there, but perhaps there are two of us here that should "drop it?"

I understand and respect that your passion for the red server is as great, if not greater, than mine is for the blue server. I do not however believe that lighting up broadcasts and filling the Server Chat with advertisements for it are the effective way to show that.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
Last edited by Ingrum; 04-29-2014 at 06:54 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Kobold

I question the end goal of their shove-it-down-your-throat advertising. You want the blue server to end up like red? Just split it down the middle with 500-600people at peak time and maybe 200-300 late night?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Banned

oh my gawd who cares
Old 04-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeriel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He has a point. I doubt there are advertisements for blue on red. It's starting to get to be a little suspicious and more than a little overbearing and obnoxious to be slapped with red advertisements every day. The sociopaths made their server have a low population. Let them live with it.

http://gif-central.blogspot.com/2013...-kids.html?m=1

This is basically what it has become.
Haha I can completely agree with that gif.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
Old 04-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh my gawd who cares
Obviously, myself and a few others do. =)

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
Old 04-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sorry if this is such a major inconvenience for you. If I were in your position I don't think broadcasting about another project the people who's server I play on run would bother me that much, but I guess everyone responds differently to different situations.

You play here for free. There are no advertisements, no subscription fee, and no pay to win model. We have decided to promote Red 99 this week, and we ask that you respect our desires while you enjoy your time here. If you do not want to play on Red, you do not have to listen to my broadcasts or click on my threads, but please do not come here protesting on our forums about our promotions of one of our servers.

Thanks and <3.
lol

So now we're not even allowed to post our displeasure about having red shoved down our throats? The red players have been coming in the blue sections of the forums for years now begging people to come to red while simultaneously calling us pussies for not playing on the server that attracts a large amount of the most cancerous percentage of the community.

Maybe I should have posted this in response to your "why do you not play on red" poll instead.