Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Kobold

Default Ancient Cyclops policy?

Some people claim it as camp, some people claim is on engage, some people just go and KS, charm or whatever... What's the PNP policy on AC here? I don't feel like siting my butt there for hours and get KSed at the last second by a random bard.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Aviak

if it's not a static camp like AC in sro where it can spawn anywhere in the desert then it's whoever engages the mob first. If it's a static camp, AC in oot, it's a camp and whoever holds the camp has first right to engage in a reasonable amount of time.

It's a dick move to pop the sro AC if you're just running through and not killing placeholders while others are, but it's not against the rules.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

What is the rule lawyers verdict on the OoT AC camp?

Since "reasonable amount of time to engage" and the camp is done such that you kill the PHer at a specific time of day. So you are leaving it up without engaging or attacking it for awhile before you kill it. So that AC spawns at the correct part of the day.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Etiquette for AC camps:

1. Hire a rule lawyer- these can usually be found if not working in the EC tunnel wearing a raid guild tag

2. Get caffeinated

3. Get ready to go head to head in some cutting edge pve camping/petitionquest

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

4. Buy jboots MQ
Old 03-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by element08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if it's not a static camp like AC in sro where it can spawn anywhere in the desert then it's whoever engages the mob first. If it's a static camp, AC in oot, it's a camp and whoever holds the camp has first right to engage in a reasonable amount of time.

It's a dick move to pop the sro AC if you're just running through and not killing placeholders while others are, but it's not against the rules.

This is my understanding as well.
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 03-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Laugher wins.

People don't respect camps anyway unless its a fixed room with fixed spawns. Just yesterday I was on my necro at the BW giant fort. Probably taking down 3-4 giants down before the first one repopped.

3 unguilded anon guys turned up. Their enchanter just pulled whatever, I sent a tell about "no camp check, now you're pulling through me" etc...took sit aggro a few times, no response. Didn't bother petitioning because it would have been the same result despite the rudeness.

Thankfully I'm not too immersed.

In summary, if people aren't breaking "the rules", they'll do whatever they want these days. There's no rule saying you have to be nice to people... which is shit.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Seen Vaporize and a few others catch the AC up in South Ro before and just outright steal it... the rage is even worse if they're not in pvp range.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you are "sitting" and not killing things, how to you expect it to pop? Seems like you are asking someone else to pop it for you.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOP CHEWIE NOOOO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn sounds complicated
on red we just take whatever cyclops we feel like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice screenshot, im very impressed...

.... that you found another player on a 50 population server
Old 03-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOP CHEWIE NOOOO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn sounds complicated
on red we just take whatever cyclops we feel like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Closed Thread