Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Large Bat

Default This GM ruling may push me never to play my wizard again

So last night, I was at Seafury Island trying to farm for cash. While setting up a quad kite, I usually pull with my level 1 spell shock of frost (I know some wizards use staff of temperate flux for this process, but this is my method.) Anyways, while in the process of setting up my quad, a necromancer decided to pull a seafury off me, then later claimed he did it because the mob was undamaged, and that it's by rules that because the mob was undamaged and chasing me, he could pull it off me.
I sent a petition to the GM to question what he said, and the GM ruled in his favor. Basically this taught me that if a wizard decides to pull with something like his low level damage spell, or staff of the temperate flux, any other player is allowed to pull whatever mobs he is pulling off him, with no repercussions.
So now the one thing I know wizards are good at (quad kiting) is not protected by any sort of rule, unless we use some kind of inefficient higher damage spell to put more damage on the mob, which the longer cast also puts us in more danger to get caught by whatever mobs may already be chasing us while setting up the quad.
Without any sort of rule to protect me from getting my mobs pulled off me like what this necromancer did, I'm not even sure if I would like to play my wizard anymore. The one thing that makes wizards effective solo's has no sort of rule to protect their pulls. This ruling by the GM makes me not want to play my wizard anymore.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

Not really directly addressing the point here, but if you used a Staff of Temperate Flux, you could dig so much hate into a Seafury that few would ever manage to pull it off of your quad.

Give the staff a shot. It's awesome.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aserver1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So last night, I was at Seafury Island trying to farm for cash. While setting up a quad kite, I usually pull with my level 1 spell shock of frost (I know some wizards use staff of temperate flux for this process, but this is my method.) Anyways, while in the process of setting up my quad, a necromancer decided to pull a seafury off me, then later claimed he did it because the mob was undamaged, and that it's by rules that because the mob was undamaged and chasing me, he could pull it off me.
I sent a petition to the GM to question what he said, and the GM ruled in his favor. Basically this taught me that if a wizard decides to pull with something like his low level damage spell, or staff of the temperate flux, any other player is allowed to pull whatever mobs he is pulling off him, with no repercussions.
So now the one thing I know wizards are good at (quad kiting) is not protected by any sort of rule, unless we use some kind of inefficient higher damage spell to put more damage on the mob, which the longer cast also puts us in more danger to get caught by whatever mobs may already be chasing us while setting up the quad.
Without any sort of rule to protect me from getting my mobs pulled off me like what this necromancer did, I'm not even sure if I would like to play my wizard anymore. The one thing that makes wizards effective solo's has no sort of rule to protect their pulls. This ruling by the GM makes me not want to play my wizard anymore.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Really though, you should have no problem taking the giant back from a necro when you are a Wizard. And if this was a one time thing, you are overreacting.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Some how I think there is more to this story.
Planar Protector

This has never been an issue for my wizard. I can't say I agree with it or that it's reasonable, but seafuries are heavily contested so I really only go during extreme off hours anyway. I imagine Cobalt Scar will be a nightmare once Velious opens.

So I think it's a bit of an overreaction to say it makes you not want to play your wizard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Sarnak

What Uteunayr said, Flux staff spam, Shits beast
Old 05-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Banned

I bet you are one of those wizards that tries and quads during prime time and ends up kiting one seafury for 15 minutes trying to find more spawns and holding up the whole island.

I KS those people too and you won't get in trouble if you do too.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

as a wizzie you should prob just burn 2 then med. it will be faster than trying to find 4 and will guarantee your kills. assuming you are doing this during primetime.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some how I think there is more to this story.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Don't be a dick and quad seafuries when others are there. Most quadders end up taking an inordinate amount of time killing the quad, which sucks ass when the mobs are a fairly fast repop. You end up reducing the total number of dead sefuries by a significant amount.
Closed Thread