Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Orc

Thanks for the follow up phobus. I am at exactly the same step, and I too got the 'It's a sad day' response from the Spirit Sentinel in EJ upon turning in the finished reports.

Who do you con do see the True Spirit faction? And how much did you have to farm to get it to kindly?

When I con the Spirit Sentinel I get indifferent and when I con the Wandering Spirit I get amiable. I guess it's the Spirit Sentinel that's the right one.. guess I'll have to do the woe/envy turnin a few times.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

It's my understanding that all of the quest mobs are on TrueSpirit, so you should get the same con from all of them. Bondl and all of the spirits have followed that trend for me. Maybe you were invis when you conned the Spirit Sentinel? If so, did you click off invis before opening trade? I don't think I did, and while it shouldn't make a difference (opening trade removes invisibility) I can't help but wonder.

After reaching amiable, I turned in my gem from the wandering spirit in WK (which probably gave a small bump in faction) and then tried turning in the book. After that failed, from my logs it looks like I repeated the Woe/Envy/Marr's Promise 7 more times to get to kindly.

After that, I repeated the step 1 turn-in to Bondl in Freeport again (I think I killed Blinde the Cutpurse in RM while farming there), turned in the gem I got from the wandering spirit, then finally turned in my completed report, and that brought me to warmly.

Farming that step isn't so bad, though. Glaron and Tabien are on a 2-hour spawn time, so just bind yourself at Glaron's spawn point. Gate back after each turn in, summon a pet, and go do something else for a while.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Orc

Ah, that's really good information. I just repeated the Woe/Envy/Marr step three times and it bumped my TrueSpirit faction to kindly. Have repeated a few earlier steps a couple times though so that's perhaps why I didn't require as many repeats as you. Was thinking of grabbing the gem from Rathe to turn it in in Freeport again, but forgot. I hope just over kindly will do though.

Going to head to Emerald Jungle again and do the reports. This time I hope the Spirit Sentinel won't chew them up hehe. Yeah, I hope the invis thing didn't affect it - but I'm pretty sure I clicked off invis before turning it it, even if I might have conned it while invis. Good to keep in mind.

To repeat the City of Mist reports at my level (50) seems like an efficient way of doing the epic while getting exp at the same time. Even if most entry mobs in CoM is light blue, they give pretty good exp. There's also the chance of grouping for tougher mobs and doing the Old Sebilis key quest while in the area. That way you can even do the reports while waiting for OS groups.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Orc

An update. As long as the TrueSpirit spirits con kindly, it will allow you to turn in the reports. It doesn't matter how far into kindly. Also be sure to click off invis when dealing with the spirits just to be safe. I have since repeated the reports three times, on my fourth right now. Two turnins was enough to bump the faction from kindly to warmly.

If you look at the faction page at the wiki, we can guess that a report turnin will yield about 200 faction points according to the left row of faction numbers. That should mean that it only requires two turnins to maximize the faction when you hit warmly, and that the fourth turnin would make it say 'your faction standing with TrueSpirit could not possible get any better'. The numbers do not seem to be accurate though, as I still have not maximized the faction after seven turnins. The eight one should be the last.

Anyway, to repeat the City of Mist reports is without a doubt the easiest way to do the epic. I can manage a completed book report every 1-2 hours or so depending on luck. That is while gettin surprisingly good exp from City of Mist mobs, even if they con light blue. There's also five dark blue golems at the temple close to the entrance. They are easy to single pull and will give very good exp.

So in recap. Here's the easiest and quickest way to do the shaman epic...
- Begin with doing the first parts of the epic quest, including the test of patience to become amiable with TrueSpirit. This will just take a few hours.
- When you're amiable you can repeat the woe/envy/marr step about five times to get the faction to kindly.
- As soon as it hits kindly, move to Emerald Jungle and ask the spirit for the report container. Then do the reports seven, or possibly eight times until it will say that the faction can't get any better.
- When you've completed all this, you just have the final steps left that cannot be skipped.
- Either get into a good guild that can raid Plane of Fear, or sit in the SW(?) corner waiting for such a raid and hope that there is not any shaman along that needs the Child's Tear. Sometimes several can drop during the same raid occasion, so there's always a chance if there's a raid going on there. This step will take some time to finish.
- Head back to City of Mist with a very powerful group, or a small raid. Preferably with at least two high level mages and clerics. Then kill Black Reavers, wait til Rak'Ashiir spawn out of a slain Black Reaver. Give the tear to Rak' and prepare to die. Now you hope that your assembled group will take him down. I've heard that he can be nasty.
- Loot the Iksar Scale from Rak' and head to the northern spirit in EJ, do the dialogue, turnin the scale and there you got it. The Spear of Fate.

I think this is pretty accurate, but please add in this thread if you come across any step that's wrong or can be improved. Good luck all prospecting shamans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit
I've now done the City of Mist book turnin 7 times, and I'm still not at my best with the faction. So the faction information above is not entirely accurate. Will follow up with how many turnins' it was in the end.
Last edited by strosz; 04-20-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

Going back over my logs after maxing my faction yesterday, it looks like after my faction bumped up to warmly, it took six completed report turn-ins to get to max.

The best explanation I can think of is that the earlier work I had done caused me to be at a slightly higher total faction than yours when it crossed the threshold to warmly, and that you're very close. That, or maybe the EQ gods took pity on me for my first report getting eaten. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An update. As long as the TrueSpirit spirits con kindly, it will allow you to turn in the reports. It doesn't matter how far into kindly. Also be sure to click off invis when dealing with the spirits just to be safe. I have since repeated the reports three times, on my fourth right now. Two turnins was enough to bump the faction from kindly to warmly.

If you look at the faction page at the wiki, we can guess that a report turnin will yield about 200 faction points according to the left row of faction numbers. That should mean that it only requires two turnins to maximize the faction when you hit warmly, and that the fourth turnin would make it say 'your faction standing with TrueSpirit could not possible get any better'. The numbers do not seem to be accurate though, as I still have not maximized the faction after seven turnins. The eight one should be the last.

Anyway, to repeat the City of Mist reports is without a doubt the easiest way to do the epic. I can manage a completed book report every 1-2 hours or so depending on luck. That is while gettin surprisingly good exp from City of Mist mobs, even if they con light blue. There's also five dark blue golems at the temple close to the entrance. They are easy to single pull and will give very good exp.

So in recap. Here's the easiest and quickest way to do the shaman epic...
- Begin with doing the first parts of the epic quest, including the test of patience to become amiable with TrueSpirit. This will just take a few hours.
- When you're amiable you can repeat the woe/envy/marr step about five times to get the faction to kindly.
- As soon as it hits kindly, move to Emerald Jungle and ask the spirit for the report container. Then do the reports seven, or possibly eight times until it will say that the faction can't get any better.
- When you've completed all this, you just have the final steps left that cannot be skipped.
- Either get into a good guild that can raid Plane of Fear, or sit in the SW(?) corner waiting for such a raid and hope that there is not any shaman along that needs the Child's Tear. Sometimes several can drop during the same raid occasion, so there's always a chance if there's a raid going on there. This step will take some time to finish.
- Head back to City of Mist with a very powerful group, or a small raid. Preferably with at least two high level mages and clerics. Then kill Black Reavers, wait til Rak'Ashiir spawn out of a slain Black Reaver. Give the tear to Rak' and prepare to die. Now you hope that your assembled group will take him down. I've heard that he can be nasty.
- Loot the Iksar Scale from Rak' and head to the northern spirit in EJ, do the dialogue, turnin the scale and there you got it. The Spear of Fate.

I think this is pretty accurate, but please add in this thread if you come across any step that's wrong or can be improved. Good luck all prospecting shamans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit
I've now done the City of Mist book turnin 7 times, and I'm still not at my best with the faction. So the faction information above is not entirely accurate. Will follow up with how many turnins' it was in the end.
What lvl do I need to be before I can solo the CoM reports part?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfugeek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What lvl do I need to be before I can solo the CoM reports part?
You can start soloing in CoM at 39 (I was doing the golems at the bridge, and the occasional undead pull from the ledges on either side at that level). That will give you a chance for every report except the Student's Log, which only drops from the Spectral Courier in the stables. Of course, these drop often enough that as long as you're in the zone you can collect reports from other people, too.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Aviak

Just thought I would add that you can Max Faction with approximately 40-50 turn ins (I wasn't counting) to Bondl. Considering you can do about 10 an hour means roughly 5 hours to Max faction. It did cost me a small fortune in ports but what can you do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

I did about 40 turnins to Bondl (pretty easy bound at the pots, about 5 mins ea) and about 12 SK/Pally kills (bottleneck here was respawn on mobs) to get to max ally after doing the quest up to the CoM reports. You can get most reports just by hanging out at the stables and asking the group there to let you loot any reports they don't want, or /ooc'ing to the zone. I was actually too high at 51 for the camp so I just buffed and healed til I got the reports.

You really want to do the Black Dire part of the question because the Black Fur Boots are totally awesome!

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

black fur boots > gebs imo
Closed Thread