Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrothstein [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This Crystalblue guy is an embarassment to humanity
heh
Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Was there a reason why this server launched without teams? It seems like this ruleset is a weird mix of Rallos with Sullon's exp-loss (which literally killed the server).
Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

For all the reasons already stated. Namely that you need a highly populated server to pull off teams successfully. There is not now, nor will there ever be a high population EQ pvp server again. People should get in now while the getting is good (as it gets).
Old 09-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kirban the manaburn whore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I may be wrong but I think SZ started out in the Velious Era, for sure Kunark was out unless i remember wrong.
more like, kirban the mq-user gms didnt care about
Old 09-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Is this whole "teams needs a higher population to work and FFA doesn't" line of logic just something that one guy just made up or think-tanked here? Because I'm not understanding that.

With FFA casuals are simultaneously too afraid to pvp eachother but not organized or defined well enough to ally for pvp.

If we ended up with the current situation of Nihilum being massive/dominant, they would be at least be confined to one team. It is much easier for smaller guilds and casuals to ally together under a teams ruleset. It doesn't happen with FFA.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Good vs. Neutral vs. Evil should have been on this server from the start. Giving new players a defined team from the very beginning is really helpful for having them stick around and I agree with those who have said it creates a greater sense of purpose.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all the reasons already stated. Namely that you need a highly populated server to pull off teams successfully. There is not now, nor will there ever be a high population EQ pvp server again. People should get in now while the getting is good (as it gets).
There was a pretty high pop when the server started. Easily enough for teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude....
It takes me 5 minutes to kill 1 mb and gain back the exp i lost at 52, from one pk.
Its not pve death. Theres a difference.
When the server started exp was really slow and crappy and a lot of people died early and quit. I remember because I was one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good vs. Neutral vs. Evil should have been on this server from the start. Giving new players a defined team from the very beginning is really helpful for having them stick around and I agree with those who have said it creates a greater sense of purpose.
Yup I agree. The most comradery I ever felt was on Sullon. It was close with Vallon/Tallon for a while until I started murdering people on my own "team" who deserved it, but Sullon you really did hate other teams and loved your own.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what person in their right mind would want a 60 person server to be split up into hardcoded teams so you can't even play with the people you've gotten to like.

<Grunny Swampskin>Retired
<Brennard>Retired
<Alton> Retired
<Vizuni>
Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Sarnak

lets have each race as a different team
Old 09-20-2012, 02:58 AM
Banned

the kind of person that wants classes as teams.... (which is epic win btw)

Wizard and rogue guilds would dominate all. I say we break it down further so each race and class has its own hardcoded guild
Closed Thread