Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which class on fresh classic?
Warrior 22 6.73%
Paladin 15 4.59%
Shadow Knight 18 5.50%
Rogue 14 4.28%
Monk 22 6.73%
Ranger 16 4.89%
Bard 19 5.81%
Cleric 26 7.95%
Shaman 32 9.79%
Druid 23 7.03%
Wizard 11 3.36%
Magician 17 5.20%
Necromancer 38 11.62%
Enchanter 54 16.51%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gearing up a character from nothing is always great fun, so I'd probably roll a warrior, perhaps the most gear dependant class. It will give a great motivation to explore the world and make plenty of new friends!

Probably the same.....something about building up a warrior from scratch would be really satisfying since it's so difficult. My main here is a 60 Gnome Warrior and I just love it...plus once you're 60, raid tanking is awesome
Old 07-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gearing up a character from nothing is always great fun, so I'd probably roll a warrior, perhaps the most gear dependant class. It will give a great motivation to explore the world and make plenty of new friends!
rock the langseax like a boss
Old 08-10-2016, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

If the server followed the exact Classic timeline then I would definitely play Necromancer. Back in the early days, giving pets weapons decreased their attack time to the attack delay of the weapon. High level pets back then also did more base damage than they do now.

Necromancers with pets that were dual-wielding daggers had by FAR the highest DPS in the game; they were in a completely different universe. Their pets alone were doing literally 4x as much damage as any melee class at the time...and that was the melee who actually had the best weapons. It was ridiculously obscene. Mage pets were bugged at the time and couldn't dual wield, although they were still extremely strong too.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Assuming it ever really happened... Ogre Shaman and use all my vacation time until I had a prenerf guise.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Kobold

I imagine Thomas will be the most played.

Some ironic points will go to people who play whiny Percy.

I cant see James getting into many groups as he doesn't really provide much benefit and sustained speed.

I'll probably play Gordon since hes pretty strong and I could at least solo a bit while LFG.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Aviak

Please... release this server soon? Oh... mage.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

I voted for necromancer but enchanter would be my close second.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are options which haven't been fully discussed. One option is as you said, once the new server reached the end of Velious, merge those characters back into the original existing p99 server. At that point, start a new one. i.e. Recycle

There will be announcements when those decisions are made.
Most likely this is something everyone's heard at least once, but a new server of some kind was re-confirmed with no date announced recently
Last edited by Laugher; 08-10-2016 at 04:02 PM..
Old 08-10-2016, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
???

Was it confirmed somewhere that we're getting a fresh server? I find this hard to believe.
Yes

Quote:
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Last edited by phacemeltar; 08-10-2016 at 05:25 PM..
Old 08-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

In classic enchanters can camp ssoy smr and fbss at once. Every other class has trouble soloing lower guk. At first manastone was going for 10k and so was fbss..
Closed Thread