Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Aviak

Default 60 druid things

So, I've finally emerged from that god forsaken frozen wasteland known as the bear pits after spending the last 7 levels down there. I'm now 60 and I don't have the purpose of grinding for exps anymore on him.

What are some fun things you do as a 60 druid to keep yourself entertained? I personally enjoy helping out lower level players get through some of their levels but there isn't any other gains besides feeling good about doing it. I want to mix it up, explore some. Do you mostly focus on raids now? Do you just camp things for alt items or plat? Do you sit inside the bar in rivervale and drink till you black out?
Old 12-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Learn to solo/charm Kedge for loot/money.

Start epic (the only *hard* part is getting a VS kill. Maybe a Faydedar kill if you aren't in a raiding guild).

Gear up resists.

Learn to PL for money, or if you can find a solid group of friends learn to AoE Chardok or whatever it is (used to do it before I retired).

Find a solid group and farm Sebilis. Despite common belief, you *can* be effective down there with the right group. Good luck on PUGS, but a static group of friends can benefit from a druid.

Getting black out drunk Kelethin > Rivervale FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 12-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

As for me personally, when I hit 60 it was just raid support. Until some asshole monk who gets into Bar Fights had me change my firepot bind for no real reason >_< Of course I was silly drunk, but ya' know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 12-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Druid PL is huge. You'll be able to make a lot more money doing that than farming stuff as a druid. Learn the correct method and put it into practice and you can make heaps of platinum. Of course, you should only do that if you actually want heaps of platinum, but it can be fun to twink out an alt.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2015, 06:57 AM
Sarnak

I would start doing cycles for fun and profit.

Charming in Kedge and Chardok (if you manage to get an hour without AoEs there) can be pretty entertaining and rewarding also. You can also charm in SolB and move up to royals or Efreeti if you want a challenge.

Start epic if you haven't done it already.

Gav
Old 01-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

....waiting for Daldaen to comment.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Most Druid things I do lately involve puppet strings and a robe of the springs. Generally not items that are readily available for your typical 60 druid.

As others mentioned:

Kedge Farming
Powerleveling
Charming in Chardok, Sol B, Kedge, Permafrost

One thing that I'm fond of personally is doing claasic quests. Not exactly the best money making tactic but it's what EverQUEST is about. Being a 60 druid having port mobility, and all their tools, most classic quests are extremely easy.

Full sets of Crafted, Lambent, Armor of Ro, Darkforge, Totemic, Ivy Etched for example. Full sets can sell for 5-6k I think still? The good pieces can sell for 1kish alone. Plenty of other quest type things you can do.

Most of my time personally is spent running around to various camps checking named spawns, doing quests, I'll occasionally do a Rogue Epic (have to have a twink rogue to PP parchments, and a 50+ rogue to spawn Stanos 3 times). I finished my Truespirit faction so whenever a tear is rotting in Fear I can MQ that (factioning TrueSpirit is another thing made easy by porting). Seen Bergurgle and Gimblox sitting up a few times so I've done three cleric epics for my clerics and my brother's cleric. Did a monk epic but due to a bug I have to redo it :/.

Tl;dr - Money = PLing. Time spent = Roaming Norrath questing, killing named or exchanging PLs for alts.

Druid isn't a class I would suggest to someone who doesn't like playing alts. Atleast not in this era of the game.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Tl;dr - Money = PLing. Time spent = Roaming Norrath questing, killing named or exchanging PLs for alts.
Although I can agree with most of your post Daldaen, there's a question I would like to ask you since you never talk about it in your posts.

You never do TT/FM cycles?

Even with the track nerf they are still doable if you know where to search for the MoBs and they can definitely grant you good money (probably not as realiable as PL tho). For example the Iksar ceremonial Chestplate sells good. There are another goodies too in the FM cycle as the Medicine totem, the dustcryers cristal ball or the sarnak legs that are good for a druid to farm and sell.

Gav
Old 01-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although I can agree with most of your post Daldaen, there's a question I would like to ask you since you never talk about it in your posts.

You never do TT/FM cycles?

Even with the track nerf they are still doable if you know where to search for the MoBs and they can definitely grant you good money (probably not as realiable as PL tho). For example the Iksar ceremonial Chestplate sells good. There are another goodies too in the FM cycle as the Medicine totem, the dustcryers cristal ball or the sarnak legs that are good for a druid to farm and sell.

Gav

i would never try to do either of those with Druid Track.