Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytewind TP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe Warriors get a bonus, Rogues dont.
Both get a bonus. Warriors = 10%, rogues = 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming they both solo'd, sure. It's really a table more useful to see who's polluting your group with them shared exp penalties <_<

Levelin an iksar SK atm, /grin
Not assuming they both soloed.

a halfling warrior requires 0.855exp, an iksar SK requires 1.68exp

settem equal, 0.855x = 1.68x and you're left with x(halfling war) = 1.96x (iksar sk)

a halfling at level X will have Y experience, an iksar at that same level X will have 1.96Y experience. It doesn't matter where that exp came from.

Example. Lets assume a few things (for illustrative purposes)
Assume experience is distributed evenly throughout the levels. It takes the same amount to ding level 2 as it does level 60.

Lets also assume that monsters will give the same amount of experience regardless of group makeup or level.

Also, lets assume it takes the halfling 1000 exp points for each level, so at level 60 it will have 59,000 exp (you start at level 1) it will then take the iksar 1.96(59,000) = 115,640 exp to get to level 60

A halfling warrior and an iksar SK start at level 1 (0 experience) and group together. Lets say they kill a bunch and they both have 59,000 experience. the halfling just got to level 60! yay! but that poor iksar is ((115,640/59 = 1960) (59,000/1960=30) still level 31 (you have to add a level because you start at level 1) The iksar still has 115,640 - 59,000 = 56,640 experience to go. So he could pick up another halfling and he would get to level 60 around the same time that halfling gets to almost 58.

If you want to take away the assumptions you can look at my post here.

I assume nice round numbers for exp values to make the calculations simpler. I don't know the true values for the exp requirements or i would include them in a giant big post (i'm also too lazy to speculate).

tl;dr: Your level is decided by your exp total, it doesn't matter how you acquired the exp.
Last edited by maestrom; 07-18-2011 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: oops. goofed on the math. fixed.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome thanks!

Oh wow, so Project 1999 is pre that patch right now? If so I think I'll add another column for that number.
No, I meant the July 2010 patch on project 1999. That note is there solely for historical purposes. Exp mods are working just as listed in the wiki.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

nice, i always thought ogre SK was the worst until I used your little sorty thing =) now I see their not quite as bad as trolls =)
Old 07-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat

No, I meant the July 2010 patch on project 1999. That note is there solely for historical purposes. Exp mods are working just as listed in the wiki.
Cool thanks, you almost made me roll an ogre =)
Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not assuming they both soloed.

a halfling warrior requires 0.855exp, an iksar SK requires 1.68exp

settem equal, 0.855x = 1.68x and you're left with x(halfling war) = 1.96x (iksar sk)

[...]

tl;dr: Your level is decided by your exp total, it doesn't matter how you acquired the exp.
While your numbers are all correct (except for 'x = 1.96x,' that's off a bit), you're not taking into account the way leveling actually happens. Let's take the example of the HFL-WAR grouping with the IKS-SK: it's impossible for them both to level to 60 while in the same group, because the Iksar will stop gaining experience when the Halfling out-levels him too far. Similarly, the Iksar can't then pick up a level 1 Halfling, because the Halfling won't gain experience in that group.

How likely do you think a level 49 Halfling Cleric is to group with a level 41 Iksar Shadowknight? Well, they have the same XP total (source: http://web.archive.org/web/200108040...p/xpchart.html). The fact is that people tend to group with others around the same level as themselves, because that's what makes it easiest to gauge how tough the fights will be, and maximize the group's ability to kill things.

If everyone only grouped with people of the exact same experience total, then the penalties would clearly show who'd spent way more time. But since they don't, it happens more like this:

HFL CLR (150,000,000 xp) duoing with IKS SK (275,000,000 xp) kills a mob worth 1,000 xp. The group bonus is applied (1.02*1,000=1020), and the xp is split proportionally ([150/425]*1020=360) with 360 to the Halfling and 660 to the Iksar, meaning that Iksar is getting 1.8333... times the xp that the Halfling is getting per mob.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both get a bonus. Warriors = 10%, rogues = 5%
I thought it was actually Warriors = 10%, Rogues = 9%
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While your numbers are all correct (except for 'x = 1.96x,' that's off a bit), you're not taking into account the way leveling actually happens. Let's take the example of the HFL-WAR grouping with the IKS-SK: it's impossible for them both to level to 60 while in the same group, because the Iksar will stop gaining experience when the Halfling out-levels him too far. Similarly, the Iksar can't then pick up a level 1 Halfling, because the Halfling won't gain experience in that group.
From what I looked at on the game mechanics of the wiki HFL-War and the IKS-SK would level at the same rate if they were in the same group. Though they amount they need to level is different the SK would take a proportionally higher amount of XP per kill.

If they were soloing and killed the same number of mobs the SK would not have leveled as much.

Unless I'm wrong people mis-state the penalty as a group penalty. You don't recieve less XP just because you are grouped with a certain class/race. You may recieve less XP because you get a proportional amount to your total XP versus their XP and you would likely be grouping with even level players who if Hybrid have more total XP.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought it was actually Warriors = 10%, Rogues = 9%
You may be right - I think i confused the rogue bonus with the halfling bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless I'm wrong people mis-state the penalty as a group penalty. You don't recieve less XP just because you are grouped with a certain class/race. You may recieve less XP because you get a proportional amount to your total XP versus their XP and you would likely be grouping with even level players who if Hybrid have more total XP.
You should read Maestrom's post here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...902#post326902
Closed Thread