Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeahhh, the lower tier guilds aren't going to be devastated that they're going from almost none of these targets to literally zero.
Well if you'd rather not get anything, so bet it. Way to seize the opportunity to guarantee yourselves mobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the only people who care about who the #1 guild is is the #1 guild.
Nah, I believe in rewarding teams that put in effort. But I'm also highly in favor of guaranteeing you guys some mobs. Especially ones you need to complete epics (hint not in VP). I think them locking down Faydedar, for instance, is ridiculous at this point... or Innoruuk/CT.

It's very easy to see me also support the top 2 guilds and categorize me to an extreme. However, I try to remain objective and fair.

Fair isn't raid mobs being left up for 2 days. Try to understand that in EQ, raid content was designed for a top % of the player base. Try to understand you have been in Kunark WAY too long, but, also for a good reason. Nilbog and company have taken time to circle back after adding that necessary extra content to fix a *ton* of glaring mechanical issues/non-classic content.

Maybe a halfway done Velious release that is kind of messed up isn't the worst thing that could happen. If rampage works, fine do it. If you can drag a person who is KOS to claws of veeshan/yelinak past dragons for a little while? Okay fine. But the problem here is the # of players and content. I don't necessarily blame a top guild for trying to secure best in slot loots from the loot pool available. Cast your bias aside and try to realize what I've been advocating.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Top guilds can not compromise on the monopoly they have created with the assistance of modern technology, and lower tier guilds do not understand the philosophy of rotational content/no competition.

Needs more middle ground.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cast your bias aside and try to realize what I've been advocating.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if you'd rather not get anything, so bet it. Way to seize the opportunity to guarantee yourselves mobs.
Oh, it's certainly an improvement over the current state of things. I just think you're kidding yourself if you think that the casuals are going to be the ones hurting during an armistice. They've been playing like this for 2 years; what's a little longer?

Beyond that, I agree with most of what you're saying. Believe it or not, casuals like competition. The race during the forced repop was a ton of fun. We're just oversaturated with raid guilds and the fact that casuals are getting stomped by batphoning alt armies for gear that they don't need (in everyone's opinion but theirs, of course) is disheartening.
Last edited by Ciroco; 12-31-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've ruined George Clooney, Alarti! I'll not let you ruin The Princess Bride!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've ruined George Clooney, Alarti! I'll not let you ruin The Princess Bride!
Screw that he will not ruin WALLACE SHAWN!!!!'

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Who the hell considers Tantor to be a raid target? 60 ranger fear kite solo mob.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmarnieh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who the hell considers Tantor to be a raid target? 60 ranger fear kite solo mob.
Tusk much twink

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 12-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmarnieh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He actually said named mobs. Prob missing some in that case
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Designated hitters from each guild have to play a league of legends bracket tournament to decide mob rotation per week. Winner gets first pick 2nd gets 2nd etc until all mobs are accounted for.

Wins losses on a point system for future seeding.
Closed Thread