Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

One of the earlier posts got it down: the jungle was made harder so snowballing would be made more difficult. Jungle is one of my favorite roles and in ranked I believe I've only lost once on a shyvana jungle and maybe twice on udyr. With the jungle being so easy for certain champions, you could steal red, get your blue, do the mini camps, get your red, and be ganking mid at lvl 3 when they're still 2. The camps were such a joke that if you get boots 5, ghost, and bear on udyr you can do all of your camps to stay up on lvls while having constant lane presence across the board. Excited to see what these changes will do to make the jungler have not such an easy experience
Old 12-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Banned

SHUT THE FUCK Up
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Kobold

SNOWDOWN SHOWDOWN 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game of thrones! Velious on this server(HAHA) and league patch!!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Banned

tried jungling

fuck that. fuck it with a stick.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Sarnak

don't lissen ta cancer dawgs.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tried jungling

fuck that. fuck it with a stick.
Like anything else it takes practice... jungling can be one of the funnest roles! Picking the time to go and strike at unwary laners is more fun than it looks. I prefer to be on the ganking side than playing the first 20 minutes worrying where the hell Shaco is.

That said, I haven't played in ages mainly due to RL as well as a deteriorating laptop and no funds to buy/build a decent gaming PC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They've got to get on top of the shit community though... so many trolls, so many kids :/
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They've got to get on top of the shit community though... so many trolls, so many kids :/
Shit community is a real issue but they're making some strides. Of course there's the reporting and tribunal system, where you can report people for verbal abuse or negative attitude and if it's legit, they can get suspended or banned (I think bans come if it keeps happening). I think that this helps filter out more assholes at higher levels since someone who talks shit a lot will finally get what's coming to them after several reports, i.e. it's more likely they'll get canned at level 30 than at level 5. A professional tournament player even got banned recently for talking shit all the time, which sets a good example.

There's also an option (on by default) to not show all-chat by the enemy team. Of course most of the trash talking in LoL comes from your own team, so this is not that useful.

They've also, a couple months ago, implemented an 'honor' system where you can upvote people you liked playing with (there are safeguards against just upvoting your friend all the time), so now there's additional incentive to be nice - once your honor reaches a certain point you get a little banner in champion select showing that you're a cool dude.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shit community is a real issue but they're making some strides. Of course there's the reporting and tribunal system, where you can report people for verbal abuse or negative attitude and if it's legit, they can get suspended or banned (I think bans come if it keeps happening). I think that this helps filter out more assholes at higher levels since someone who talks shit a lot will finally get what's coming to them after several reports, i.e. it's more likely they'll get canned at level 30 than at level 5.
I used to make 15 tribunal cases for easy IPs part of my day. The truth is you're wading through 50% of cases where people just report for the sake of it. You can't see the action where there's a load of feeding, you just see the end stats, items, and the chat log.

Overall, I always tried to be nice even with someone saying "die of cancer noob" and related shit... I guess "classic" EQ community never leaves some of us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honor system sounds promising, hope that works out.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like anything else it takes practice... jungling can be one of the funnest roles! Picking the time to go and strike at unwary laners is more fun than it looks. I prefer to be on the ganking side than playing the first 20 minutes worrying where the hell Shaco is.

That said, I haven't played in ages mainly due to RL as well as a deteriorating laptop and no funds to buy/build a decent gaming PC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've played since season one, and I play Dota 2 regularly, I know what jungling is.

They fucked it up.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Seems ok few changes were meh but idk we will see.

Liandry's Torment is amazing on a lot of champs and straight broken on others.

new vamp scepter sucks pen0r and you either end up squishier than you wanted or delay your build
Closed Thread