Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Orc

Exclamation Leaving for D3

Might be giving away all my stuff / plats if someone can convince me why. Up to you guys. It's been real, and I'll probably still troll the forums to defend my honor.

If not, will probably log in to play occasionally and click my shrunken gobby earring.

-drops the mic-
Old 05-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Take care mate, may want to keep your stuff in case you come back some day, Velious for example
Old 05-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take care mate, may want to keep your stuff in case you come back some day, Velious for example
yes, D3 might suck and belly flop.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Kobold

Default Diablo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaighn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might be giving away all my stuff / plats if someone can convince me why. Up to you guys. It's been real, and I'll probably still troll the forums to defend my honor.

If not, will probably log in to play occasionally and click my shrunken gobby earring.

-drops the mic-
I am anticipating you will end up just like me, coming back to p99 in about 3 weeks. I remember when D2 came out, a ton of people left eq.... for about a month, then most of them came back. But if you want to give your items away, you should randomly run around in noob zones giving them to real noobs (not the alts in WC who claim they are noobs by removing gear/etc when people are doing give aways)
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

eh wut. didnt you just join...
Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erog84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you want to give your items away, you should randomly run around in noob zones giving them to real noobs
Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes, D3 might suck and belly flop.
No pvp.
Perma RMT.
Only 4 people per room.
No LAN play.

SOUNDS LEGIT.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Orc

Yeah I'm not optimistic about it but figure it will be more casual to play. I'm employed full time and have already felt the urge to call in sick to play EQ - so I'm trying to avoid letting it grip me like it used to a decade ago when I had no responsibilities haha.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaighn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I'm not optimistic about it but figure it will be more casual to play. I'm employed full time and have already felt the urge to call in sick to play EQ - so I'm trying to avoid letting it grip me like it used to a decade ago when I had no responsibilities haha.
When you feel this way about a game, you know you have found something you can really have fun with. Immersion is the #1 quality you can find in a video game, and that is why the majority of us are here. That feeling when you first logged in, it is as indescribable as your first time at Burning Man. Has there ever been a game in the history of computers that has had that same immersive feeling as EverQuest? YOU WERE THERE.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you feel this way about a game, you know you have found something you can really have fun with. Immersion is the #1 quality you can find in a video game, and that is why the majority of us are here. That feeling when you first logged in, it is as indescribable as your first time at Burning Man. Has there ever been a game in the history of computers that has had that same immersive feeling as EverQuest? YOU WERE THERE.
Nope. No other game has ever had me so terrified of dying. I remember circa 2000 some high lvl chanter gave my lvl 8 bard 50pp - I went and bought a full suit of leather, rolled out to blackburrow, and fell through the trick tree stump right by entrance into elite room/area. I spent the next two hours shitting myself trying to get to the top.