Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Banned

Yeah the WvW is going to be super instanced
Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

I could never commit myself to Betas knowing all my time invested will be wiped as well as the game breaking changes they will implement to suit carebear/ez mode playas.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

yesh
Old 04-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Orc

Played the beta this weekend. Loved Guild Wars 1, but this is a completely new game and so far it is very disappointing. Strictly talking about the instanced pvp. Have yet to try the daoc style WvW pvp.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Unfortunately we're on a forum for a 12 year old game for a reason. I doubt any game can recapture the feelings and experiences most felt when they started up EQ many moons ago, it's sad really. MMO's these days are catered to be super easy and provide no challenge.. even gear is basically guaranteed if you get X amount of points per week.

Graphics, worlds, etc will change from game to game, but every MMO since WoW has been basically a carbon copy of wow's system... instanced PvP.. little to no meaning of dying, etc. Developers now and days are just scared to challenge players and hurt their feelings, or do anything that would mean that the last 3-4 hours they spent playing their game was a total waste of time and now they're actually further behind than when they started. It's a joke, and it's even brainwashed alot of the EQ crowd into catering even emu boxes to be like these games, that's why I laugh when I see people voting to make EXP easier, or all this insta 50 in 2 days shit. EQ was a grind, it fucking sucked but it was also that very key element that kept players wanting a challenge playing.

Until a company out there decides to be a new trendsetter and take a risk with a MMO by introducing a PvP system similar to DaoC or EQ PvP and making the game HARD, I don't see at least myself being happy with any of these games coming out.

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Last edited by hijinks; 04-28-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Old 04-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Theres tons of developers who'd change the trend, but none of them have money and no one will invest in something that isn't presented as a wow clone, wow killer.

Theres been a dozen great games in the last 3 or 4 years that all basically sucked because they were released incompleted due to funding.

They think if you're game isn't catering to every crowd as well as several animals and unborn children, it just isn't worth investing it.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Lol, everquest is your shining example of great pve?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, everquest is your shining example of great pve?
a agree, when it comes to mmo pve content, eq number 1. I would say wow vanilla open world pvp is better than dark age. eve in its own category.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

You guys drank too much punch if you really think eq pve is the best.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Kobold

As far as immersion, EQ was king for a long time up until probably that shitty Shadows of Luclin expansion. Not so much because of the raid scripts, or the actual content, but for the fact that those mobs would be gone for a full week. Being the first to kill revamped CT on Rallos Zek was like a boss accomplishment, now n days it's just different and cheap feeling with 'instanced' mobs, and 3 day lockouts, etc

I attribute games changing greatly to the fact that the average person that owns a PC and plays PC games now is much different than it was even 10 years ago. Developers r catering towards that crowd, not the 'hardcore' crowd that played games back when the internet first exploded, does anybody remember that service Kali? (sp) or Dwango? Hell I remember Quake being the first game that really introduced TCP/IP for network play.

Times have just changed, games are catered to the "console" crowd now, so they're easy to pickup like it would be a PS3 controller and start playing. I had a lot of hope out for GW2, Rift, etc and some of these new games, but the reality is they are molding their games over WoW, the community that wants a DAoC or a world pvp type game is a minority to the people that want WoW. Devs/companies want $$$, until somebody decides to break the mold most of the people that enjoy EQ/DAoC are in limbo.

Same problem exists for FPS games, I haven't seen a GOOD/true deathmatch game since Q3, everything now is all about these shitty BF2/Counterstrike type games

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Last edited by hijinks; 04-29-2012 at 05:45 PM..
Closed Thread