Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Talking

I got to take a minute to say thank you for this tool! It it very clear that you have put a lot of time and effort into making it. It worked flawlessly for me and also fixed several bugs that had been driving me nuts.

Thanks a ton! Great work!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've tried the following:
* fresh EQ titanium install, then run your installer.

* fresh EQ titanium install, make changes in the Updating Your UI thread, doing the following:

after those steps, then run your installer

The velious UI seems to work fine. When I try /load daxaui there is a pause, and then it goes to default. It looks the the behavior of a corrupt install.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? I could
* zip up the d:\everquest folder and put it somewhere for you to look at
* share my desktop and walk you through my install process live (takes only a few minutes)
* post a step by step guide of what I'm doing with screenshots at each step

Thanks for your help debugging this, I really appreciate it! I really would love to get your UI working [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey sorry for the delayed response.

Have you tried installing the UI manually using the link at the very top of the first post on the first page? Here is the link again CLICK ME
Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey sorry for the delayed response.

Have you tried installing the UI manually using the link at the very top of the first post on the first page? Here is the link again CLICK ME
I did a full clean reinstall, and did the manual UI install, and that seemed to work. I'm not sure why the other one didn't, but I'll leave it at that! Thank you!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did a full clean reinstall, and did the manual UI install, and that seemed to work. I'm not sure why the other one didn't, but I'll leave it at that! Thank you!
No problem, glad it worked out in the end. Enjoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Aviak

thanks for making this, it is FANTASTIC
Old 03-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i tried doing the all in one installer and i got an error saying the file has invalid data.

Also where can i get the fix for dual core cpus? Id like to run EQ on my laptop which has a I3 cpu.
Last edited by Crimson Death; 03-15-2012 at 04:59 PM..
Old 03-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Kobold

Did the install for just the CPU fix but now when I get to login screen no chars are there anymore on both the link it created and on my old link I used to play..what now?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did the install for just the CPU fix but now when I get to login screen no chars are there anymore on both the link it created and on my old link I used to play..what now?
Probably an issue with the server? If you can get to the character select screen (and are logging into the correct server) then its not hte installer, at that point its the server.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i tried doing the all in one installer and i got an error saying the file has invalid data.

Also where can i get the fix for dual core cpus? Id like to run EQ on my laptop which has a I3 cpu.
Just run one of the options from the installer and use the new shortcut placed on your desktop.

Can you post the screenshot of the error you get? It sounds like you picked an unsupported resolution during install. Try picking the option to switch resolutions and try using Windowed mode to see if it works. If it does then thats the problem, you can run selector again and make sure you pick correct resolution.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Large Rat

Default Re: Problem second time around

Hello, I am just starting out. I installed Titanium and then I ran your installer. Everything seemed to work. It finished and launched EQemu where I allowed it to patch. But now I have two problems. The first is that I then selected Project 1999 server and hit the "play" button. It took me into the game but to another login screen. I wasn't sure sure if I was supposed to create another username or password or if I messed something up, so I closed out of the game and EQemu. The second problem is now when I try to select Project 1999 server and hit play , the EQemu launcher says "You do not have enough permissions to the specified Everquest-Directory. Aborting patching....". Do you have any suggestions. Thanks.