Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Yeah, all of the above based on what I remember.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptkfgs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember on live if you stood high up enough on a hill sometimes the mage bolts would double nuke. Maybe this has something to do with it?
Confirmed that this happened on live.

I would be in Hate all the time at the top of the wall bolting down for double hits.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Orc

I remember being able to target someone, turn around and cast a bolt, then turn back towards them and cast it again with both bolts hitting the target. It was one of the best ways for a mage to say hello in pvp.

I played a mage on RZ from launch to 2004.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Large Bat

Default Magician Flame Bolt Line

when casting flame bolt, you have to move your charecter after casting it for the spell to land, otherwise there's no message for resist, or a hit, just nothing.

Also, people running, will outrun the flame bolt spell, the target must be standing completely still for the flame bolt spell to hit, this is the level 8 one, but I imagine that the other's are similar since they probably use the same mechanics.

On live, before luclin, the flame bolt spell did require a line of sight for it to hit, but it also had a huge fireball graphic, and it moved very fast, at selos speed. After luclin got released, flamebolt got a new mechanic where you were no longer able to see the bolt of flame moving.

The dmg was also instant, it didn't take 2-4 seconds for the damage to register, as it's doing here on the emu.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Banned

They just need to revert their creative changes to it back to instant until working properly. In its current state, it is broken entirely.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They just need to revert their creative changes to it back to instant until working properly. In its current state, it is broken entirely.
Bolts are too powerful to be instant. Better to try and fix than revert them. I addressed this a while ago though and posted a video of the problem. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Banned

Default Bolts Suck, Please Fix

Without sow I can often outrun my own bolt... Strafing and jumping and running across semi-rough terrain... so can people I shoot it at. Bolts have a casting range of 300, but an effective range of 50.. they are not what they are meant to be. This hurts wizards and gimps mages. Considering mage pets are less than a nuisance in PvP and mages have no utility spells... it makes them unclassicly suck in PvP.

Just a heads up. Please fix bolts. Pet damage needs a long gander as well.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure mages sucked in pvp to begin with. Bolts just gave them something to do.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Banned

Outrunning bolts w/ or w/o sow = stupid...

Update devs?
Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

I have a screenshot somewhere of me running a bolt in circles, as a 53 bard with Selo drums. So the correct speed should be slightly below whatever that comes out to be.