Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Default Single character won't log in to game

My level 10 cleric won't load into the game

I was killing a blue skeleton in Lesser Faydark on Sunday evening about 7pm central. My game became unresponsive. I had to end the game using task manager. I restarted the game and was successful re-logging into my account seeing the character select screen. I attempted to log into the game on my level 10 cleric. When I click enter, the game attempts to log me in, running the loading screen and loading bar (loading zone message). The loading bar completes, disappears, and I stay at the at the EverQuest Firiona Vie/Iskar screen, music playing. I have left it "loading" for up to 15 minutes, to assure it was not just a slow loading issue. At this point, I have to stop the game using task manager. The task manager shows EverQuest unresponsive.

I created another character with no problems (two since), so guessed it was a problem with my character and the zone Lesser Faydark. I petitioned asking to have the level 10 cleric moved out of Lesser Faydark. A short time later, I was very pleased to see on the character select screen, she showed being in Greater Faydark.

Unfortunately, I am still having the same issue. Only THIS ONE character won't load into the game. I searched all my files for the character name and deleted them, just in case something related to this character was corrupt on my side. The next time I attempted to load her, the files recreated but I was still not able to log into the game.

I assume my character is logging into the game momentarily, as for a short time after I occasionally receive the Error 1018 indicating she did make it into the game, and had not logged out yet. (This doesn't happen every time. Many times I am able to log back into the game immediately after forcing the game to close)

IMPORTANT: I can log in to my other characters just fine. It is just this ONE character that won't load. (Of course she is awesome and is able to meditate and everything wonderful about level 10)

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could provide.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Its been happening to far too many people lately, and nobody that I know of seems to have found a true cure for it... other than waiting, sometimes days, and then trying again to find they've logged in just fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

this problem really sucks, and has been happening for too many people...

im starting to wonder if it isnt a somehow corrupt character file serverside.... i honestly dont even know of this is possible, but it seems like it could happen....

I *hate* to say this, but it may be a good time to keep that character, and reroll another of the same race/class if you'd like to play it. You may even be able to get the gms to change all your equip to the new character (i would assume they'd be very willing to help with this issue, and changing over your equip has little effect in the end, though it will take them some time). It sucks, i know, but if this is do to some corrupt player file, who knows how lonng it could take to resolve (if ever). Many people report that once this starts happening, it works very sporadically, or sometimes simply not at all. Not fun.

Good luck, this is one that i frankly have zero answers for.

((btw, i do realize your problem is different from the people have the constant 1018 error, but it is similar. i do have one recommendation that will take less time than restarting your character, though i dont see why it would help... try reinstalling eq, then using eqemulauncher to patch to p99. after that, dont login to the server, just open eqgame.exe and see what happens. The only other thing that i could possibly think of is **maybe** this has something to do with a corrupted UI or options menu for that character... not likely, but possible. It would be very helpful to see if another player and/or admin could log into your account and play that cleric)

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks guys. I was ready to give up on this character a few days ago, but my gaming partner said I was giving up too easily. I'm over it.

Morica, may she rest in peace, thanks you all for your kindness to her. So many people were generous. She was almost full bronze and the pieces were given to her by multiple people. It really was a great first experience on this server.

Ruthann (shocking this awesome name wasn't taken, I know) is level 7. She hates life, but she has fought for all of her patchwork gear she wears.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned

Clear ALL cookies, clear temp internet files, and re-set your router

sounds dumb but you'll be surprised
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze513 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clear ALL cookies, clear temp internet files, and re-set your router

sounds dumb but you'll be surprised
I WANTED TO BE SURPRISED!!! I love surprises....

But nope

I not only cleared all my cookies, temp internet files ....I cleared my cache, my temp files, and anything I thought looked like a waste of space.

Thank you Maze. I appreciate your suggestion.
Last edited by Lyra; 01-18-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only other thing that i could possibly think of is **maybe** this has something to do with a corrupted UI or options menu for that character... not likely, but possible. It would be very helpful to see if another player and/or admin could log into your account and play that cleric)
I considered that also, so searched my computer for "Morica" and deleted files on my side without success.

So if you were to attempt to log into my account, wouldn't you get rejected for the multiple accounts on the same IP thing? The exemption would need to be applied to my account first, right?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Banned

what he's saying is log off the account, then try from a different PC (A different or fresh EQ installation)
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamzal Sherbet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what he's saying is log off the account, then try from a different PC (A different or fresh EQ installation)
I liked the idea of someone else attempting to log her better P~ I mean, Gotrocks and I will be married eventually and share IP's, we could request the exemption a little early.

In the interest of problem solving for others, I may try this on another computer in my house. I'm just afraid it will work, then I'll have to determine what exactly is the problem on my computer.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

UPDATE:

She logs in on another computer.

I'll reinstall.