Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh... nowhere near the same thing.
the implication from Wudan's post is its BDAs fault for having their loot stolen because they left the corpse unlocked, right?

do you deserve to have things stolen out of your car because you left it unlocked?

i'm trying to see it from your perspective but it's really not working
Old 05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
without a car.

try standing in a parking space, in a crowded parking lot, telling people with cars they can't have the spot because you're holding it for a friend who might show up in 10 minutes. it's the way the world works and the way this server works. every raid level player on this server has been beaten at a race to a contested mob at least once. losing sucks but ninja looting is despicable.
Oh, no doubt, can't defend ninja looting at all.
But BDA didn't have a car either, and Saraya's car only stopped because BDA ignored her and shoved into the space for their friend.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HethGnome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She was standing beside the parking space waiting on her friends to show up with the car. Someone else pulled up first and parked there. Such is the nature of parking lots and epic mobs.
this guy gets it
Old 05-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this guy gets it
Not at all, BDA's friend's car wasn't there either.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a thief is a thief

eq is a social game; people are held accountable for their actions

it's classic

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HethGnome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She was standing beside the parking space waiting on her friends to show up with the car. Someone else pulled up first and parked there. Such is the nature of parking lots and epic mobs.
But wait. Didn't BDA do the same thing. They didn't have their "car" there either according to this analogy. They just put up some cones and tape.

I really think there could be some sort of compromise in these situations. Give the person who has been waiting all weekend on the spawn a chance to get help killing it before your Ench gets there. If the mob hasn't been engaged by then, then have at it. I know this will be laughed at. But it does kinda seem like the right thing to do.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at all, BDA's friend's car wasn't there either.
then how did they kill it? verina is a parking space. the kill squad is a car. BDAs car got to the parking space first. parking spaces are first come first serve. it's the state of the server whether we like it or not.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But wait. Didn't BDA do the same thing. They didn't have their "car" there either according to this analogy. They just put up some cones and tape.

I really think there could be some sort of compromise in these situations. Give the person who has been waiting all weekend on the spawn a chance to get help killing it before your Ench gets there. If the mob hasn't been engaged by then, then have at it. I know this will be laughed at. But it does kinda seem like the right thing to do.
Exactly.

If it's okay for BDA to muscle in on the mob, then why is it not okay for Saraya to loot a rotting mob?

Again, no, I will not defend ninjalooting, and I think she should have left it, but BDA shouldn't have jumped in like that from the start.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In this scenario, the car would be the force required to kill the mob.

According to earlier posts, both enchanters were present at the time of the spawn. BDA didn't wait for their chanter to arrive.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
then how did they kill it? verina is a parking space. the kill squad is a car. BDAs car got to the parking space first. parking spaces are first come first serve. it's the state of the server whether we like it or not.
I thought they pulled and stalled until their car got there, no?
Closed Thread