Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

If you're spending more than 15 minutes at a time in EC trying to sell or buy stuff you're doing it wrong, or EC is how you like to play the game anyway. It takes time for new players and new items to rotate into EC throughout the day or even week. There's a good chance that if you don't sell what you want to sell in the first 15 minutes or find what you want to buy in the first 15 minutes, you probably won't in the next 2 hours either. It's way more fun to move on and find a group at that point and just pop into EC from time to time to try and unload some stuff while you're passing through.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If P99 allowed two-boxing, I guarantee you'd see camps that would normally have a full group
My enchanter would love to know where these supposed full groups are.

In any case, the way things are looking, this server is probably going the ways various other servers (WOW, lineage) have gone in the past.
I'd even play on live since that is probably not going to close down, but it's just a completely different game, and free to play isn't really an option despite sony's claims.

I really liked the classic experience. I had an absolute ball with my enchanter on live, and seldom had any problem getting a group. The only hard time was when POP first came out and I stuck around in the old world, which was of course deserted. As soon as I got POP of course groups got me without having to do anything.

In spite of good intentions, this server with its dwindling population is nothing at all like classic. I have a necro and druid as well, but it seems that all the time I have to play them. I should have mentioned I'm on .au time, and most of the time I'm about the players are in the low 100's. I haven't actually seen it dip blow 100 yet, but its been down to about 105. Really sad since I just got some jboots for my enchanter, so I can get around now, but there's nowhere to go.

Not sure that boxing will solve any problems, but at least it would give some of us a change from the eternal soloing with druid/necro. I'd be quite happy just playing my enchanter with a boxed cleric/warrior, and I'm sure such a combo would be very likely to have me in the party. Enchanter isn;t really a class you can 2 box if you are in a busy place and have to do a lot of CC (ie karnors). Unless you have godlike abilities.

Think I will shelve soloing my druid and necro for a while. Lost too many characters already from private servers dying, and frankly the writing is on the wall.
Last edited by Vladesch; 06-28-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

The e-sky isn't falling, no empire is crumbling, the dodo will live on, I'd be more concerned in you people if population did NOT take a dump after 14 months of Kunark, the release of Diablo 3, summer.

Look out the window, that's not a huge LED in the sky; go spend some time under it, won't hurt you as long as you keep it in moderation.

Come back when winter comes.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come back when winter comes.
Winter?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- or Winter?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look out the window, that's not a huge LED in the sky; go spend some time under it, won't hurt you as long as you keep it in moderation.
That thing in the sky is a huge flaming ball of radioactive death. It'll kill you surely as cigarettes. Stay inside; it's a beautiful day to play video games.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Winter?

- or Winter?
Open to interpretation.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In spite of good intentions, this server with its dwindling population is nothing at all like classic.
I totally agree. This server lacks a lot from live. The low population does not help matters at all. Although the patches may be following live progression, the atmosphere of the game has long since been lost and people are not as enthralled by the environment as they were in 1999. The server is great, but there are a lot of changes that need to be made in the next 2-3 months if this server even wants to have a chance at seeing velious be released. I honestly cannot see why they would even both releasing velious if the population dips below 250 or so at prime time, which could happen by the end of the year...
Old 06-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly cannot see why they would even both[er] releasing velious if the population dips below 250 or so at prime time, which could happen by the end of the year...
I think Kunark came out March 2011 and before Kunark became a sure thing there was quite a dwindling population. Once the possibility of new content became a reality people came flocking back. Now a year and a few months later the same thing is happening. It's cyclical and the same thing happens to every MMO.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

on a good night on Vulak (the lesser of the two EQLive progression/classic servers) there are 150 accounts logged into general chat, and Vulak allows boxing....

P99 is one of the most populated everquest servers online in 2012

i haven't had much of a problem finding groups here on my Warrior. he's level 15, just got done in a 5 person orc highway group in Oasis.

i even had some pickup groups in BlackBurrow

things aren't so bad here guys, i love p99 the way it is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pharmakos; 06-28-2012 at 08:12 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My enchanter would love to know where these supposed full groups are.

Not sure that boxing will solve any problems, but at least it would give some of us a change from the eternal soloing with druid/necro. I'd be quite happy just playing my enchanter with a boxed cleric/warrior, and I'm sure such a combo would be very likely to have me in the party. Enchanter isn;t really a class you can 2 box if you are in a busy place and have to do a lot of CC (ie karnors). Unless you have godlike abilities.

Think I will shelve soloing my druid and necro for a while. Lost too many characters already from private servers dying, and frankly the writing is on the wall.
I know this doesn't really get to the heart of your point, but you know Enchanters are easily one of the best solo classes, right?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread