Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, I do know rezzes in Seb/Fear/Hate/Sky/Tov/Kael/Karnor/PoG we'd be asking a cleric if it was safe, being told when it was not safe etc to take the res. To deny this was ever the case... well how could you forget that much.
No one is disputing this. However, there seems to be a claim by some people that every mob should behave that way.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Banned

Some people being me.. I'd claim every factioned npc with the exception being "few that don't" as opposed to "few that do".

I'd also be curious to know how Fansy's (excuse to link this http://www.notacult.com/fansy2.htm) sand giant trains were possible (they happened) given what some people are saying.

Quote:
My buddy LJ scampered out just in time. The ogres got squished.
Quote:
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:52 2001] Your feet move faster.
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:55 2001] You shout, 'Welcome, You've Got Mail!'
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:58 2001] A sand giant slashes Emotionless for 88 points of damage.
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:58 2001] A sand giant hits Emotionless for 94 points of damage.
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:58 2001] Emotionless has been slain by a sand giant!
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:58 2001] Your feet move faster.
[Fri Jul 06 22:42:14 2001] You shout, 'Giants love the good guys! Hooray!'

Add giants to current undead script.

Give proxy aggro hate list addition to all factioned NPCs.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-12-2014 at 12:56 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

I gotta agree with you on this one 100%. Although, I have to do a bit more research, I'm pretty sure undead just got a static +proximity aggro modifier. If you took an undead mob to 97% and ran it by someone, it would aggro on them. If you took it to 40% and ran it by someone it would still chase you.

I remember many many times having someone run a mob or a group of mobs past me, that were not undead/giants/etc, that would late come kick my ass if they died.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Banned

Yah that's true and a really good point Koros: if you get enough threat on non-faction undead/giants it wouldn't transfer off until you zoned. You could also snipe aggro off the warrior if you spammed nukes on it.

Definitely has a thresh hold for what "mode" it will go into for non-factioned undead/giant.

I guess much like how "rooted" changes behavior.

Good stuff, but I'd bump that in the Kanras thread or make a new one.

Definitely trying to keep this full steam ahead/solely focused on proxy additions for factioned npcs for now.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

If proximity aggro places a PC on a NPCs hatelist, it follows that those PCs would receive faction hits upon the mob's death. Was getting a "mystery faction hit" for merely standing close to these NPCs something that ever happened on live during this era?
Old 02-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Banned

PC wont add to hate list because it fails faction check.

No way to take a faction hit if you aren't on hate list.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PC wont add to hate list because it fails faction check.

No way to take a faction hit if you aren't on hate list.
Doesn't make sense Nirgon. If you can get aggro/remembered by the mob via someone running it by you, then you'd definitely be on the hate list.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Banned

Yes it does.

If a mob is ally faction to me.

Someone who attacked it or is scowled at by it runs it by.

It passes me (ally) and says "do I add to hate list?" it decides "no" because it likes me and I didn't heal/buff the player running by or touch it (do something to add myself to its hate list).

Then it runs by you (scowl also) and says "do I add to hate list?" and it decides "yes" because it hates you.

Once it has added you to its hate list, it decides what to do from there.

Then you realize that someone who is not KOS with King Tormaxx should not get slain by a King Tormaxx rampage.

You feels me?

Or where are you confused? Like if a mob scowls at you, is run by and then killed before you get out of the zone?
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-12-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Like if a mob scowls at you, is run by and then killed before you get out of the zone?
Yeah this is what I was referring to. Was there a distinction on live between hate for proximity and hate for a hostile action such that hate for proximity would not give faction hits? Was there no distinction?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Kobold

Gotta say reading thru this that Nirgon is 100% correct... When raiding we ALL the time had to ask if it was safe for resses as stated. Would be the funniest shit ever someone taking a res like (Gyno) ressed in and getting insta gib in several of the zones he mentioned above.