Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Default LoS issues in Permafrost

The early portions of permafrost (the tunnel leading up to the first big room where stuff starts to branch out is what I've done so far) are FULL of line-of-sight issues for spellcasting. I'll be standing in the middle of a small room/tunnel around here, with a goblin beating on me right in front of me with no apparent obstacles to LoS, and spells just keep giving me the "You cannot see your target" crap.

Best part though was the first little room that has 2 goblins and a fire in it. I tried to jockey around for position to cast on either of them, no luck no luck no luck. Then I retreat deeper into perma and no longer have actual LoS to them (i.e. in first person neither of them are visible because of the rock partially obstructing the entrance to their room), and they aggro me and come running over to engage... lol.

Working my way deeper in, we'll see if there are more problems there. At least the ZEM seems to be great though!
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-10-2014 at 09:41 AM..
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

There are loads around Archaeologist and a couple in the Jail/Scryer area. I've spent enough time AOEing the top of the zone that I could probably list the(very numerous) problem spots from memory.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Seems like the rocky/snowy outcroppings here or there are often a problem, but then sometimes like I said, I have LOS issues even when a mob is just standing right there in front of me.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Aviak

Died twice today due to LoS bugs in the permafrost bear pits, 2nd floor...that room is pretty terrible. Also noticed them all over near King spawn.
Last edited by JayBruce; 04-22-2014 at 09:51 PM..