Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Dunno eq is carrots and roller coasters I'm so confused
Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Banned

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I can't help but think of Arthas when i here this quote. Yea this is completely off-topic but any thread i make gets promptly deleted so I'll post it here. If only blizzard made games like they made trailers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORwuO...feature=g-vrec THe narriative of Arthas's father is just awesome.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:54 AM
Banned

I dont even blame Rogean and the devs for the servers failure, i blame the idiotic community.

If the community had half a brain it would have seen this coming and put pressure on devs early but the core combo of the PVE poopsockers and the pvp griefers to whom xp loss in pvp was useful and wanted ran this server down the shitter.

All the casuals got trickled out silently as well as any new blood attempting to roll on red.

To sum it up, community pwned itself in the face and Rog & Co probably thought hey 90% of the pop cant be wrong
Old 06-14-2012, 03:06 AM
Banned

i think most of the community DID see this coming and after little to no response from devs they bailed the fuck out. all you have to do is browse the forums and you will find thread after thread pleaing for some kind of dev response. i dont think anyone quit because of pvp xp loss, they quit for 100s of other reasons you can find in 100s of other threads.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think most of the community DID see this coming and after little to no response from devs they bailed the fuck out. all you have to do is browse the forums and you will find thread after thread pleaing for some kind of dev response. i dont think anyone quit because of pvp xp loss, they quit for 100s of other reasons you can find in 100s of other threads.
That was in the end, when there was like ~100 people left at peak, im talking about earlier than that
Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Get a clue, several people made efforts to inform the staff about the likely consequence of the rule set as well as many of the bugs and exploits which where promptly abused after the staff was made aware of these things and ignored them
Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Banned

How often can you talk about the same shit everyday before it gets boring and redundant. It's a fucking emulator, either play on it or don't play on it.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't increase exp, after first increase population plummeted from an average of 80 players to 5 players.
Yeah just like guard assist and the resist fixes plummeted it too.

No, what drove it down was the shit community (which was already in doomsday THE SKY IS FALLING mode back in January) and Rogean being completely AWOL from the forums.

Quote:
I never liked hotzones because its a sympton of game-on-rails.

I dont want a quest log to force me to xp in just one place, and i dont want hotzones to force me to xp in one place , or on a "golden path" either.

I think the ocasional bonus xp weekend, especialy preceeding big releaes like sky , kunark, VP, etc. is more then enough.

The OP of this thread complained that xp was too hard even when the pop was 400+, even when getting PLed in unrest, even when his friends gave him gear.

Either you can handle and accept classic EQ, or you can't. We cant get all crazy and change the foundation of this server, and slow char progression, heavy investment into that character is very fundamental to the early design of Everquest as an entire game.

p.s. the "game begins at 40+ on red servers" is totally false. This is EQ, its about the journy at all levels. Not worried cause devs wont be trolled into making this non-classic EQ.
"Classic Everquest" meant 80+ people in Greater Faydark. It meant you'd pvp before you even hit the orc hill.

That doesn't happen here, so I don't want to hear your argument about how increasing the grind is going to ruin "the classic experience" (which isn't classic). The VZTZ design was more faithful to old school RZ than this server is, and the majority of reds wanted it that way from the start. This server used Blue99 as the foundation instead of VZTZ. You can draw your own conclusions on whether that was a mistake or not.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Have you tried out LoZ yet Searyx? I think it has most of the features (fast xp, easier time of things, YT, etc) that you are after.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah it's just a tough call between that or this server's offering of no PvP and soloing to level 50.

I'm so torn.