Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

Default Starting later tonight; any help appreciated

Decided to give project 1999 a whirl for nostalgia's sake. There's really no major MMO otherwise worth playing right now. I don't have any friends that want to play (I tried my brother he just kinda laughed when he saw the graphics). Are there any leveling guilds on the blue server that are helping out new guys? or people in general?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Banned

Is EQ new to you, or are you an old player from back in the day?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned

How often are you going to play?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

You just have to kind of grind out where ever you are and hope for help along the way as you go(which you will most likely get). It actually is pretty fun starting with nothing and working you butt off for a backpack and spells and such.

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servellious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just have to kind of grind out where ever you are and hope for help along the way as you go(which you will most likely get). It actually is pretty fun starting with nothing and working you butt off for a backpack and spells and such.
This, it's far more enjoyable earning stuff on your own with a few tokens of generosity along the way. IMO don't be a beggar when it comes to money/items. Buffs? Sure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Aviak

People are very nice and helpful as a general rule.

Just play around, people will help out with buffs, info and the occasional item or plat.

There are some guilds that take lower level players (see guild forum) but I don't know about guild that help level? I think many play together and level up together.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

I haven't played since 2000. I'm rolling up a tank because people said it was hard to find one. Honestly I feel a little bit lost; dunno how I figured this stuff out when I was 16.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How often are you going to play?

Depends if I meet people I like.. I tend to go back and forth between hardcore and semi casual/hardcore.

Although when I played on the live servers; those folks made my head hurt.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

I am not sure what zone you are in, but it helps a lot if you go to EC and the Tunnel. Lots of people there to give buffs and maybe some free gear.

There are enough mobs between Freeport, EC, WC to get to level 14 easy. But Blackburrow with the Gnoll Fang Quest or Cruchbone with the Belt Quest is no slouch either.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servellious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yeah. I was trying to save up 30 plat to buy something the other day, I zoned out of Grobb, my kid wanted to show me something on the PS3, so I go down to look, come back and some guy had tried to trade me 500pp but he got bored and left..... someone else gave me a treeweave though... still tryna save 30pp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nice peeps on the server.
Closed Thread