Do nothing\Fix duping or ddos only 116 40.56%
Wipe it clean\Start fresh 71 24.83%
Open a third p99 server 99 34.62%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bet you 90 % of the peeps who wants a wipe are below lvl 30 noobs with no gear and plat.

as for someone who's been playing here for 3 years, has multiple high lvls / gear / coin. i'd be pissed if a wipe was to happen
We don't want a wipe, and that will never happen.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Large Bat

A new server sounds like a good idea, but I'd like a good number of people on it. Don't want a dead server.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Aviak

I think a new server would be ideal and let the players play where they want to play
Old 07-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

A wipe will never happen "over my dead body" to quote rogean from earlier.

A new server is a cool idea but not really an option until velious has Been out for awhile IMO .

For now best solution is to work towards fixing the ddos issue and removing all duped items it will just take some hard work and man hours from the staff.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Rogean has the right idea. A wipe destroys the integrity of the server: the players have to know that the staff is basically going to take care of their pixels. It will never happen, and I agree with Culprit that most of the 'wipe it clean' squad are jealous <L30 noobs.

A new server is a very good idea and I'm sure Nilbog is working towards one. But even with the last patch we are a long way from a true classic experience. Skim the bug threads if you don't believe me: mage pets don't cast right, player resists are at the PoP cap of 500 and don't work correctly in general, raid mobs are immune to memblur (thanks TMO/VD), Flash of light causes mobs to flee uncontrollably, and more. Velious will surely bring with it a huge number of issues to be worked out, and on top of all that we're still waiting for the simultaneous repop code. So I voted bug fix.

I would expect to see Project 1999: The Next Generation somewhere between 1 and 2 years from now.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

wipe it
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Large Bat

As one of the <L30 noobs with no gear and no plat, even suggesting a wipe is such a stupid idea and I don't get why anyone is still suggesting it as anything more than a troll.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

Yea a wipe will not fix the issue for long,best thing is to just not buy any of the major items being sold/duped and if all the super dupers have no one to buy their goods they will go out of business.

A 3rd server is a nice idea though several people enjoy fresh starts every X amount of years.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For now best solution is to work towards fixing the ddos issue and removing all duped items it will just take some hard work and man hours from the staff.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Certainly a wipe is right out.

As for a new server, that MIGHT be cool, but what about the following issues?

* More money to obtain and run the server.
* More time spent managing servers by people doing this for free.
* More headaches with deployment.
* More risk of triggering SOE's ire.
* Were there to be a lessened player base on both servers, it may not be enough to support proper play, when one considers the possible ups and downs of server life.
* It would distract from Velious.

For me, I voted do nothing except fix problems. After 2 years of Velious, if the powers that be are still interested in doing this, maybe another server would be a good idea. On that hypothetical server, I would (if it were my say, which it is NOT) put in some non-classic bastardization of Luclin. On the original server, I would freeze it at Velious.

But I/we can vote on polls all day. None of this is up to us. It is up to the team the puts this show on. Perhaps you'd think that they might like to hear opinions, but this has been discussed ad nauseum. They've already stated there will NEVER be a wipe, and rightly so. Let the subject drop, we're sounding pushy and whiney both.