Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should do the trivial loot code thing worldwide imo.
100% truth. Hopefully if they ever make a green server it'll be FV rules. Trivial loot everwhere - almost everthing tradeable.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should do the trivial loot code thing worldwide imo.
Trivial loot was kinda lame, what's needed is trivial dungeon code. Banning overleveled toons from selected dungeon zones would be cool (no 35+ in Unrest, no 45+ in Mistmoore and SolA, for a start).
Old 01-04-2017, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe turning 45 could see you banished but also trigger an easyish to kill NPC (something like dhamp or the AC in difficulty) with potential custom loot for the group you just got torn away from. Not sure thats possible with the code but I like the idea of it.

Sounds harsh for the leveled player but its a nice way to give something out to others and chances are you might have had a few rolls yourself on it when others bit 45.

Edit: oops thought i was in the custom content thread, but still [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2017, 05:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trivial loot was kinda lame, what's needed is trivial dungeon code. Banning overleveled toons from selected dungeon zones would be cool (no 35+ in Unrest, no 45+ in Mistmoore and SolA, for a start).
Why was TLC lame? It meant lower level players could join in the economy instead of having to share a dungeon with players that could single handedly wipe the entire zone. Went into BB with an alt the other day to get some experience, there were 4 mobs up and 1 player in zone. Log for a few hours came back same thing. Guy was there for 6 hours at least.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed it was bad (and is bad) that overleveled players can take over a zone.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

I'm glad this is a CLASSIC server and shit's classic.
no joke

The yikes at not classic ideas is real.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry had to jump in at this one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I level my paladin in unrest from 20's to 46, so I feel the suggestion of 35+ is a bit low [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] considering it was a very valid levelling option for me before moving to Kithicor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

I have to admit I did solo level my cleric through 39 on the festering hags upstairs, was a hard camp to break at the time.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

if you were wondering what is Trivial Loot Code like me:

The below code is no longer correct:

“ Briefly, the Trivial Loot Code works like this: If a character kills an NPC and that NPC does not give them experience, then the Trivial Loot Code takes effect. If any member of a group does not get experience for a kill, the Trivial Loot Code will take effect. The Trivial Loot Code prevents magical, lore and no-drop items from appearing on the corpse. Normal items and coins will appear on the corpse in all cases as usual. ”
— Knowledge Base - EQ Trivial loot code
The above Knowledge Base entry is no longer correct. The Trivial Loot Code was changed to requiring the mob to be dark blue or higher.

Source: http://fanra.wikia.com/wiki/Tips
Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
This would mean there are many dungeons where lowbie characters will never get an XP rez (such as Unrest). Just a friendly reminder of what you're signing up for.
Closed Thread