Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

this place is falling apart
Old 03-19-2017, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-19-2017, 02:10 AM
Fire Giant

I think there should be zero intervention on the part of staff. Make this one giant free for all. Then put in live cams so we can all watch the neckbeard destroy each other. I would pay a subscription every month to access those feeds.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say FTE'ing a dragon and having 45 seconds to get a cleric chain, tank rotation, speedbump list, and a train-up ready before the dragon hits your camp takes a bit more skill than taking your sweet as time (1 hour) and clearing a few trash mobs before casually killing the dragon.

The casuals this rule was made to help do not even compete anymore making a boring and stale raid scene. When casuals cried and said they wanted to clear to dragons and than proceeded to copy AM/AW's pull style when given the chance was the most hilarious thing ever, I think Sevalak has sat up for 2+ days before without CSG attempting a clear to him. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only started playing in velious after the FTE race and 1 hour grace period was in place (or at least was raiding by then). So correct me if I'm wrong, weren't those instant pulls all in kunark on 32k hp mobs that died Hella fast?

I will concede that what you describe does take a well organized machine to pull off on velious era mobs which does take some skill. However, it still is trivial in a lot of ways. The longer the game is played, the more alts get made, toons are left perma camped at high value raid targets, wipes are easy to recover from since mob is engaged at zone line and no corpse summons needed, freaking mallet dumping to get agro, soulfire / reaper / blafestopper / wort pots...

I still believe the raid scene is about dedication, not skill. All the wall staring is ridiculous. You always cry that casuals want welfare pixels, we just don't ENJOY staring at walls for 16 hour Windows! Even for a 1 hour shift! It just isn't fun.

And about CSG not crawling during A/A suspension I was indeed disappointed about that. Even made a post on guild site asking for it, just on 1 mob. Something about being worried the mob may go to FFA or couldn't dedicate the resources or something. Agree whole heartedly we should have crawled and not hit the pixel codeine button and pull to zone line.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:52 AM
Kobold

We instant pulled Velious too. For Dozekar and Eashen, you literally had 30 seconds from when they spawned until they were in camp, whether it was prime time or 4am. KT would allow you about 90 seconds maybe. It's almost hard to fathom, with how lazy the current rules have mad everyone.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many years has Cazicatani been parked in plane of fear? Yeah your right, it's always different people at the top doing the racing/tracking (not talking about warm body churn).
You couldn't have picked a worse example for this post, because Cazicatani is a tracking bot. He's been parked there a couple years, and at least 100 different people have probably logged him on to track over those few years.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And about CSG not crawling during A/A suspension I was indeed disappointed about that. Even made a post on guild site asking for it, just on 1 mob. Something about being worried the mob may go to FFA or couldn't dedicate the resources or something. Agree whole heartedly we should have crawled and not hit the pixel codeine button and pull to zone line.
I looked forward to watching someone stream the ToV crawl. CSG repeatedly claimed they wanted to experience the content the way it was developed. Hell, I was jealous of your opportunity. When I found out you guys didn't even do one clear for one dragon it was a huge disappointment. I doubt anyone around here will ever take that claim seriously again, and the damage it did will shape the server for years to come.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Sadly, there is just too much ill will between the two parties to realize / adjust to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a bunch of people on blue it is about watching Detoxx lose/rage instead of pixels. Most of the top end would be in the same guild holding hands, bored, with a giant rotation if he has retired with Forsaken.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

There is literally no one on the server, past or present, who has logged in or only regularly just to watch Detoxx get emotional.

Naethyn on the other hand, is top 3 total retards of our time
Old 03-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]