Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should the P1999 Management have been harsher with the 365 cheaters
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they should all be outed. They have no right to anonymity, and deserve the ridicule of their peers.
As much drama as there is on this server already, this would be the worst idea ever. I would bet money this is Rogean and companies line of logic here. You don't have to deal with all the crying, bitching, drama on this server like they do every day. If you think they would intentionally invite more of it into their lives, you are crazy.

Either what Rogean did or ban them all. What you suggest would just invite more headache and achieve very little. Not to mention it will be pretty obvious for the most part when they all come back. As small as this community is, I'm sure 300 of the 365 will be outed in EC...

Chris
Old 08-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fohkure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much drama as there is on this server already, this would be the worst idea ever.
Possibly. Would end the witch hunts and speculation, though...and the drama is already rampant, lol. And outing them leaves it to the community, not the devs. The devs could wash their hands of it. The guilds...well, they'd be forced to make some hard decisions.

Depends on how you look at it, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 08-30-2011 at 05:01 PM..
Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would end the witch hunts and speculation
Could also make it worse...
Old 08-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Population has been fine even with the suspensions
This is a worthy quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fohkure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much drama as there is on this server already, this would be the worst idea ever. I would bet money this is Rogean and companies line of logic here. You don't have to deal with all the crying, bitching, drama on this server like they do every day. If you think they would intentionally invite more of it into their lives, you are crazy.

Either what Rogean did or ban them all. What you suggest would just invite more headache and achieve very little. Not to mention it will be pretty obvious for the most part when they all come back. As small as this community is, I'm sure 300 of the 365 will be outed in EC...

Chris
Finally some cool headed logic. This is exactly what would happen and in the long run some people who didn't cheat would end up getting suspended or banned due to their lack of anger control in game. Then we'd hear more QQ in game about someone who didn't cheat, but got banned due to in-game abuse, then it would just never stop and would be a giant headache.

Well known players that cheated and come back will get ousted pure sheer obviousness of their level loss. Those that go under the radar will likely stay that way.

Devs have spoken, why lose more sleep over all of this? Whining and bitching about it will likely not change it. Get off the boards, log in and enjoy the game. Getting all worked up on the forums just makes it worse.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

We can't really grasp how harsh the punishment is without seeing what it will be like in two weeks when everyone's unbanned. I bet a lot of them aren't coming back, and those that do will pretty quickly be outed when people realize they're X levels lower than they should be. The devs don't need to publicly shame anyone since the punishment pretty much already does that. Sure they can go /anon, but I'll know for example if Perun cheated when he suddenly cons blue to me (nothing against perun, just an example).

The only thing I'm concerned about is the punishment of resetting their plat to 0, only because it disproportionately punishes some people more than others for the same offense. If someone had 50k but spent it all before they got suspended then they'd get punished less than someone who had 50k but didn't spend it, which isn't fair.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone had 50k but spent it all before they got suspended then they'd get punished less than someone who had 50k but didn't spend it, which isn't fair.
What about removing all dropable items on the suspended acounts above x amount of plat (say...10k? (Just an example)).

If they want back in the community at that point and to get their reserves/items back up they have to earn it with hard work.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Kind of funny that Uthgaard's reputation is that he punishes people harshly but when he finally catches a ton of them breaking a serious rule, he goes along with letting them off with a slap on the wrist.

The integrity of this server is damaged by allowing these jackasses back in the game, all 50+, all with some of the best items (that they no doubt used hacks to help get, at least some of them - levi cloaks? I bet every clown had one). One of the suspended players has a Ton Po, the best weapon in the game currently. Removing his plat and knocking him back to 54 (he hits 60 in 3 days because his guild is going to AE grind him in Skyfire 24/7) is punishment?

Sort of disappointed that I played the game properly with no cheats for 2 years and these people no doubt cheated for just as long, benefiting the whole time and this is all they got.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Orc

some of the cheaters were too well connected to be banned outright

the other cheaters should be thanking them
Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Management, sack up and execute your rules. 365 people? I'm pretty sure Uthgaard has banned more people on his "powertrip" in just the last half year.

On a serious note:

The fact that you show this kind of leniency only makes it look like some of your RL buddies were amongst the cheaters. Population has been fine even with the suspensions => Go Through with it and do your job.
Yeah, as a low level player, it's been good exp leveling with all their twinked alts.
Closed Thread