Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you take Project 1999 as seriously as other games?
Yes, my time is valuable, and I enjoy this server immensely. 167 85.64%
No, it's a lot of fun, and I appreciate the GMs work, but I play harder in other games. 28 14.36%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Default Do you care?

Do you, or do you not care about and take seriously Project 1999?
This is ten year old content, on an emulated server. People seem to use that a lot in various rants as if the fact that people give a shit about p99 makes them stupid. Well, I for one give a shit, and I don't think that makes me stupid. Am I alone here? What is the general sense? Do you guys take this game as seriously as you would a pay for play game? To me, there is no distinction, because my time is much more valuable than any subscription fee. To me, there is no distinction because the content is still fun for me even tho it is known. It is still challenging to get right for me, and if you swear you disagree, I think you're a liar, because I don't see even the best of the best on this server playing 100% right 100% of the time.

So, let's end this catch phrase as a weapon of haters trying to undermine how we choose to spend our time. Do you guys give a shit and take this seriously? Like, not SRS BSNS seriously, but as far as MMOs go? I play p99 just as hard as I would any other game.. Do you?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

I'm just seriously sick of the "haha yu stupid, dis ten yr old content hurp derp" crowd..
Old 03-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Wow. Good thing I'm not a loser...

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

you are
Old 03-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

I think you're stupid for putting this much effort into explaining your stance to strangers on the internet instead of enjoying yourself. In fact my first thought was that you're unsure of your stance or need some sort of response to believe yourself.
Last edited by CPTMULLER; 03-27-2010 at 02:17 AM..
Old 03-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

I play this like I would, and have, any other MMO.

It is my primary non-outdoor hobby. Behind running, I put my spare time into this. Sometimes I won't play for an entire week though because I am out of town :\

The crowd who always put down the people better than them have existed in every mmo since their inception. Before mmos, they existed in other games, before electronic games they existed in sports, etc.

They will always find a way to demean others' accomplishments and/or talents because a lack of their own, always.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Kobold

It quite surprises me how much I enjoy playing this 10 year old game. It doesn't even feel all that old to me.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:23 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play this like I would, and have, any other MMO.

It is my primary non-outdoor hobby. Behind running, I put my spare time into this. Sometimes I won't play for an entire week though because I am out of town :\

The crowd who always put down the people better than them have existed in every mmo since their inception. Before mmos, they existed in other games, before electronic games they existed in sports, etc.

They will always find a way to demean others' accomplishments and/or talents because a lack of their own, always.
Run? Psh I sprint son.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2010, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

i still play final fantasy 2 and 3 for snes, chrono trigger, other stuff on zsnes

you'd be hard pressed to call someone a tard for playing games like that -- i feel the same way about eq
Old 03-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Look at the people talking shit, though.

Then it all becomes clear right away.
Closed Thread