Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-18-2023, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I like a little junk in the trunk!

Biggest down side is being a fat ass in tight spaces with no ability to shrink without chugging a potion
But mini trolls are p.cute so fair trade
Old 08-18-2023, 08:23 AM
Banned

The reason is that I am new here. I love to play. I think
Iksar SKs are not worse for end-game solo crawling than other races. In fact, they can be quite good at it, thanks to their natural regeneration and the ability to use armor clickies.
The armor clickies are a big deal for mana saving. They can give you a significant boost to your AC, which can help you to take less damage and therefore need to cast less spells. This can be especially helpful in long solo fights, where mana can be a limiting factor.

Of course, no race is perfect for solo crawling. Some races, like Erudites, have better mana pools and regen, while others, like Trolls, have better survivability. But Iksar SKs are certainly a viable option for end-game solo crawling.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Often times I don't even bother to cast Regrowth on myself, which is +15 HP/Tick. It just isn't necessary.
Your take on regen w/ Torpor is just plain bad advice.

The fact that you aren't a troll/iksar, don't wear a fungi, and don't cast regrowth, means you're missing out on 40 hp/tick(42 but you have vindi bp). This is such a significant amount of HP regardless of your self healing capabilities(ask any necro who runs demi lich at 48/tick, it still hurts). It's enough to where depending on the situation & mana required, you might never have to actually heal yourself. Just canni as needed and let the regen do the rest.

Please be warned when trying to take advice from DSM.
Old 08-18-2023, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

While I wouldn’t play one again I always thought an ogre sk was decent if playing an active pulling roll. Bash is usually the first melee skill a NPC throws. Pulling 3-5 mobs that’s a lot of RNG dice being rolled. Whereas standing regen is nice but it’s pretty nominal unless you’re killing a lot of low level stuff. It’s basically 1.333dps mitigation at 60 where a fungi is a static 2.5 hence it being the GOAT twink item.
Old 08-18-2023, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The fact that you aren't a troll/iksar, don't wear a fungi, and don't cast regrowth, means you're missing out on 40 hp/tick(42 but you have vindi bp). This is such a significant amount of HP regardless of your self healing capabilities(ask any necro who runs demi lich at 48/tick, it still hurts). It's enough to where depending on the situation & mana required, you might never have to actually heal yourself. Just canni as needed and let the regen do the rest.

I've played a Torpor Shaman for years, and was able to do everything without Fungi Tunic and Regrowth. This is a fact, and is backed up by basic math. You do realize +15 HP/Tick is only 5% of Torpor's Regeneration increase? The only way that would help you is if you are fighting a mob that happens to be doing Torpor + 5% worth of Regen in DPS. I haven't seen a mob with this specific DPS. Torpor Shamans can get all their HP/MP back in 3 minutes or less, they are going to be at full HP whenever they aren't in combat. This means they aren't really using regen out of combat.

Years of practical experience trumps your trolling.

You're just a silly troll who thinks insults are evidence. The only warning is listening to your continued nonsense. You are not helping anybody.

Nobody cares that you think you are cool for insulting other posters on an elf forum lol.

Troll/Iksar Regen is better on SK's who solo a lot, because they do not have Torpor.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-18-2023 at 02:12 PM..
Old 08-18-2023, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

DSM is our resident Milton and Torpor is his red Swingline stapler.
Old 08-18-2023, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Inc 50 pages of DSM again
Old 08-18-2023, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM is our resident Milton and Torpor is his red Swingline stapler.
Thank you for continuing to show you are just a troll. Whenever you cannot back up your points, you cower behind insults. Sad.
Old 08-18-2023, 02:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thank god someone has actually pointed this out. I've never understood why people act like regen on shaman is useless at 60 because it has less value when torpor is active, completely discounting the fact that torporing yourself has a non trivial opportunity cost. the way people talk here make it sound like torpor is just a passive 300hp regen effect that costs 0 mana and has 0 drawback to it.
Old 08-18-2023, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played a Torpor Shaman for years, and was able to do everything without Fungi Tunic and Regrowth. This is a fact, and is backed up by basic math. You do realize +15 HP/Tick is only 5% of Torpor's Regeneration increase? The only way that would help you is if you are fighting a mob that happens to be doing Torpor + 5% worth of Regen in DPS. I haven't seen a mob with this specific DPS. Torpor Shamans can get all their HP/MP back in 3 minutes or less, they are going to be at full HP whenever they aren't in combat. This means they aren't really using regen out of combat.

Years of practical experience trumps your trolling.

You're just a silly troll who thinks insults are evidence. The only warning is listening to your continued nonsense. You are not helping anybody.

Nobody cares that you think you are cool for insulting other posters on an elf forum lol.

Troll/Iksar Regen is better on SK's who solo a lot, because they do not have Torpor.
I noticed you are singling out 15/tick. I’m talking about the 42/tick you get from racial/fungi/regrowth. This is 14% of torpor for doing absolutely nothing, lol. And the best part is it stacks, so if you do cast torpor, you’re now getting 342/tick instead of 300. This is so significant that the fact you discredit this simply shows your inefficiencies and lack of understanding.

If you don’t think 42/tick of hp is a big deal, then you’re simply just being a troll. But for now, you’re just an inefficient shaman choosing to ignore passive regen for no apparent reason.