Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Tell Windows and Party Invites

I am having some technical issues with the chat window. I am used to classic EQ where the tells came through the general chat window. But upon starting the game once again a day ago, when I recieve a tell, a brand new window pops up. A second tell opens a completely new window. I wanted to see if there is a way to get all the tells to come through the main chat window. I am probably missing something very noobish, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Second issue is with party invites: when I use "/loadskin velious" followed by receiving a party/group invite, no button pops up to accept. But, when I use the default or default_old skins the accept/follow option appears on the window. I love the classic screen the velious skin provides, but cannot use it because I am unable to accept invites while running it. Again, any help would be appreciated.

TallyDawg
Old 11-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Not sure how to fix the invites issue but the tells/windows may be able to be fixed by simply right clicking your main chat box top bar, going into the filters, and making sure your tells are directed to that chat box. Hopefully that'll help, good luck on the other issues.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyDawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having some technical issues with the chat window. I am used to classic EQ where the tells came through the general chat window. But upon starting the game once again a day ago, when I recieve a tell, a brand new window pops up. A second tell opens a completely new window. I wanted to see if there is a way to get all the tells to come through the main chat window. I am probably missing something very noobish, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Goto Options (Ctrl O) and un-select 'use tell windows'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyDawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Second issue is with party invites: when I use "/loadskin velious" followed by receiving a party/group invite, no button pops up to accept. But, when I use the default or default_old skins the accept/follow option appears on the window. I love the classic screen the velious skin provides, but cannot use it because I am unable to accept invites while running it. Again, any help would be appreciated.

TallyDawg
Classic didn't use invite/disband buttons - you had to use CRTL I (invite/take invite) and CRTL D (Disband), both of which can be customized in the options window. I always set disband to CRTL Q because the D was close to S (which was sit - I used to disband when sitting many, many times!).
Old 11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the heads up: I'll check them out in game and hopefully it takes care of the issues. Many thanks again!

TallyDawg
Old 11-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks again for the help: it all works great now!