Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Money donations help keep the server running, it doesn't come up with the necessary code required to make these changes. Otherwise I would be donating.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Money donations help keep the server running, it doesn't come up with the necessary code required to make these changes. Otherwise I would be donating.
How do you know what the money is used for? The above sounds like an assumption.

If your donation was substantial, how do you know they would not hire a full time developer to take care of the issues that are stumping them?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokfarg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you are on the wrong server then, that is the server goal is to be as close to classic as possible
Perhaps I am. But for the past year, I have found this approximation enjoyable, and will continue to play while it is enjoyable. But it's a game. And if the game ceases to be fun, then I'll quit. At least the first person to tell me "If you don't want classic, GTFO" said it in a nice way.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayh81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The above sounds like an assumption.
It's not. They aren't paying developers to code.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to Medowin

A server full of people that know the game inside and out with the details of every item in the game, how to do everything the easiest way possible, and can farm millions of plat isn't classic either.

You aren't going to relive that old experience from your childhood unless you build a time machine. Sorry.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Medowin the REAAALL truth.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Large Rat

I distinctly remember being able to switch zones and then go make a sandwich. The Internet is too fast now; it's ruining my ability to be immersed in the classic experience.

That and it's making me really hungry. :'(
Old 09-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A server full of people that know the game inside and out with the details of every item in the game, how to do everything the easiest way possible, and can farm millions of plat isn't classic either.

You aren't going to relive that old experience from your childhood unless you build a time machine. Sorry.
can we be friends plz
Old 09-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medowin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Time machine won't cut it - you will still have your memories - what you need a memory wipe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Kobold

SIZE 7, BOLDED, AND UNDERLINED TEXT IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!