Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets try and stay on track here. Harrison is a known forum offender with multiple bans on his record. I suggest everyone put him on ignore like I have as he is generally known as the 'clueless guy' with very little knowledge about p99 or classic mechanics.

If anyone could help by contributing some research that proves spell book meditate was around during the Kunark era I would be thankful.
Sorry noname nobody. I know a lot more about P99 and classic mechanics than you do. vztzject
Old 09-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry noname nobody. I know a lot more about P99 and classic mechanics than you do. vztzject
Harrison is just a mean old married man. Unfortunately he is defending all our hopes and dreams from ourselves when he posts so he comes off a bit rough, but he is a great all American guy, you should listen to what he says. He's on your side!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get rid of item linking. NOT CLASSIC.
Do not click on the links...
Old 09-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Aviak

EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark TitleEverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark

Release DateMarch 2000
DeveloperVerant Interactive
PublisherSony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
ControlsKeyboard, Mouse
Supports3D Acceleration
Included in Package100-page Instruction Manual
Cloth Map
Keyboard Command Sheet
AMG Game IDH 19512SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS
Minimum CPU Type: Pentium
Minimum CPU Speed: 200 MHz
Minimum RAM Required: 64 MB
Minimum Hard Disk Space: 600 MB
Graphics Type: SVGA
Graphics Resolution: Multiple Resolutions
Color Depth: 256 Colors

to truley play "classic" ..... Face it somethings are just better today, some not. Why dispence with the improved just to have the "good 'ol". Hell my new laptop is low end, however its 400x the power of these specs. You all do what you want - Im just saying: Giving todays technology ..then.. they would have used it and improved the graphics and interface. Which is what happened over time. Sure SOE botched a few things however even Verrant would have improved upon the orignal as time wore on.

what everyone thinks they want is to "go home again" and revel in the "glory days" which is an idealized version of their youth and child hood... which is what they really want. To return to a simpler time where responsibilities where few and far between.

The good folks that program p99 are doing so of there own FREE will, with zero compensation aside form the occasional "dude you rock". So demanding they do one thing or the other is garbage. You either agree to play by there rules or you dont..play. That said the fact they are asking opinions and gathering input from the player base is very gracious imo and I probally wouldnt do the same ( exspecially given events that have gone down these last couple months). It could very easally be a private server or invite only. So stop taking it for granted, the customer is always right - however we are not customers and they owe us nothing. This is their ball field and toys...so dont like it? - go home. Quit yer bitchen.

That said - an idea: Take the new that improves on thing that where just screwy from the start, gut the garbage that was just stupid to do anyway and have the best of both ..times.

A small note: The fact any of this is actually possable just blows my mind, I get the jist of it however the level of expertise is just impressive - and they do this shit for free? wow.... just wow. thank you.
Last edited by insertname; 09-18-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Kobold

best thing about this thread is that I learnt I could ignore people on this message board.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

If you want item looting, you should want spell lists too.

I just want policy to be consistent.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

for those who want to relieve TRUE classic experience, I can offer my derelict PC for sale:

300 Mhz Celeron
64 RAM
8 MB ATI video card
5 GB HDD
56K Modem
Win 98

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 09-18-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want policy to be consistent.
I totally agree with you.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertname [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark TitleEverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark

Release DateMarch 2000
DeveloperVerant Interactive
PublisherSony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
ControlsKeyboard, Mouse
Supports3D Acceleration
Included in Package100-page Instruction Manual
Cloth Map
Keyboard Command Sheet
AMG Game IDH 19512SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS
Minimum CPU Type: Pentium
Minimum CPU Speed: 200 MHz
Minimum RAM Required: 64 MB
Minimum Hard Disk Space: 600 MB
Graphics Type: SVGA
Graphics Resolution: Multiple Resolutions
Color Depth: 256 Colors

to truley play "classic" ..... Face it somethings are just better today, some not. Why dispence with the improved just to have the "good 'ol". Hell my new laptop is low end, however its 400x the power of these specs. You all do what you want - Im just saying: Giving todays technology ..then.. they would have used it and improved the graphics and interface. Which is what happened over time. Sure SOE botched a few things however even Verrant would have improved upon the orignal as time wore on.

what everyone thinks they want is to "go home again" and revel in the "glory days" which is an idealized version of their youth and child hood... which is what they really want. To return to a simpler time where responsibilities where few and far between.

The good folks that program p99 are doing so of there own FREE will, with zero compensation aside form the occasional "dude you rock". So demanding they do one thing or the other is garbage. You either agree to play by there rules or you dont..play. That said the fact they are asking opinions and gathering input from the player base is very gracious imo and I probally wouldnt do the same ( exspecially given events that have gone down these last couple months). It could very easally be a private server or invite only. So stop taking it for granted, the customer is always right - however we are not customers and they owe us nothing. This is their ball field and toys...so dont like it? - go home. Quit yer bitchen.

That said - an idea: Take the new that improves on thing that where just screwy from the start, gut the garbage that was just stupid to do anyway and have the best of both ..times.

A small note: The fact any of this is actually possable just blows my mind, I get the jist of it however the level of expertise is just impressive - and they do this shit for free? wow.... just wow. thank you.
The problem is no two people can agree exactly on what represents the "glory days" and what is an improvement. I think we can all agree that some things they added to EQ were good and some things they added were bad, but all of us are going to have different goods and bads - with some of us having an almost equal judgment and others differing widely. And another thing you have to consider is that games are different from RL. I can run a game that is over 10 years old on my computer, have some fun, and revel in the nostalgia too. But I can't go back to when I was a 16 year old in high-school. Of course, not all games can be brought back from the grave, but many can - and that's different from RL.

And then.. I like history. There're so many games, FUN games, that it blows my mind. Even if a old game has old ideas, I still like to play it. I made a post about this some time ago. Several years ago I was having fun playing an old game called The Adventures of Maddog Williams. It uses the old keyboard input scheme and graphics are way outdated. Some people might not think ti's worth trying for these reasons and others. You can find out more about this game here:
http://www.gamecrafters.com/gamecrafters/maddog/

Rogue-likes are fun to look into (a lot of them are old):
http://www.dmoz.org/Games/Video_Game...ng/Rogue-like/

Another place to find out about some old games:
http://www.abandonia.com/games/189

I am playing Diablo right now. That was made in 1998. Just imagine clicking your mouse a lot. It's old by so many standards. Diablo 2 improves on a lot of it. But, hey, here I am playing Diablo 1! *shrug*

If it were my choice, I'd keep (this is off the top of my head):
1) Spell descriptions
2) Target ring
3) Maps for cities
4) Item linking
5) Meditate without spellbook

But those things weren't available back then. So they're supposed to be removed. Me, I won't die without these things. I'll still play here and enjoy it just as much. But it doesn't bother me to have them in the game.

But then... if it were my choice I'd make it a skill-based game and allow people to pick whatever skill/spell they want to use. I really think class systems are too restricting. I'd change a million other things too. I could go on and on.

But alas, I am not self-righteous about this. I only play this game probably a month in every 5 (or so), and only part-time at that. I play too many games to be bothered by the little things here at p1999. I come for the community.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 09-18-2011 at 06:51 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complaining about not being classic. NOT CLASSIC.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha
Closed Thread