Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive read a few posts in this thread talking about a bunch of peeople who were caught blatantly hacking or somethign and admitted it? And no ban?.. this must have occured after our accounts were banned, what happened?
It wasn't just a "bunch" of people. It was like 1/3 of the server population, probably more.

You can search the forum for the shit storm that occurred.

Well, they caught over 350 people cheating. And instead of following their own posted rules concerning the matter, they decided to offer blanket amnesty to them all. (they did get a slight level reduction)

I guess they decided the server population mattered a bit more than they thought. Or a lot of cheaters were their friends, or in the top guilds.

It's total bullshit, but the majority of people seem to not care either way, so...whatever.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To OP:

You said this has been (you fighting the ban) going on for months. So this public post is some attempt to put pressure on the devs to get things changed I take it.

You are basically insinuating the guide is wrong and has it out to get you (for no apparent reason). This whole thread is just a publicity campagin to garner sympathy, and useing your "kids" to further that.

You were monitored for a long time before your ban, you got caught. The guide is not out to get you, did not make stuff up to ensnare you, and you have not even "gotten the dignity of a response" from the devs because your case had and has no merit.

I'm glad you posted this though, hopefully it will deter other potential boxers from 2boxing. I'm all for making all crimes and punishments public (as I posted a thread on before). Baring that, I'd like to see all you criminals "confess" in threads similar to this, it will cut down on future rule breaking.
in a dispute between party X and amelinda i am willing to give party X the benefit of the doubt barring any other information
Old 10-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in a dispute between party X and amelinda i am willing to give party X the benefit of the doubt barring any other information
I would agree with that.

Have heard too many 3rd parties stories of GM/guide rez's and such, along with quick to pull the ban hammer stories.

I did have one person turn down a 96% rez because he told me his "guide buddy" was taking care of him.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

OP sounds pretty fucking guilty to me.

Your story sounds like a semi-elaborate load of bullshit that is merely an attempt to shirk justice. I happen to know that the staff does not impulsively permaban people without good reason. For the very few people that are wrongly punished, I hope the system of recourse on our great server works out for you. However, I do not believe the OP is one of these people.

Furthermore, taking your appeal public (after it fails privately) and questioning the integrity of the staff is a good way to get ignored forever probably. Just cut your losses and start over, idiot.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then there are the posts that are unfortunately a lot more harmful as they will distort a remark or sentence, imply something that is complete fiction, or take one sentence/remark out of context, or even put words in other's mouths to try (and unfortunately sometimes succeed) and make pple believe its already a forgone fact;
Posted by palemoon;
"You were monitored for a long time before your ban, you got caught. The guide is not out to get you, did not make stuff up to ensnare you, and you have not even "gotten the dignity of a response" from the devs because your case had and has no merit."

You really made my point for me here, almost to the letter.--I specifically said I did not think it was personal and I clearly stated I did NOT think it was a matter of "not getting the dignity of a response", as I know the devs are very busy. Also, the only reason the whole "i was watched for days" point exists is because I mentioned that Amelinda might have knee-jerk stated this defensively in response to her hasty ban being questioned.. yet you are implying you know for a fact it is a forgone reality.

You hilariously immediately made my point about hateful twisting, falsly implying etc all in one post. And after taking the time to read a lot of your previous posts i can only assume you have some rl frustrations or something and just attack people on the boards as maybe some sort of personal venting therapy. Or, maybe you are a hateful pessimistic complainer irl too, /shrug (I hope not, or I truely pity the people in your life for the amount of negativity you must radiate.)

Invarioubly these are the same types of people that will see a broken bottle on the road.watch as over and over again people drive over it and pop thier tires,..then go on a well thought out, planned, articulate condescending crusade of complaining to anyone that will listen, writing letters to editors, seething about the whole wrongness of it, and blaming everything from the thoughtless bastard that left it there, to the absent parents that raised them..

....if you had the resources i would bet good money that you would take the time and effort to try and collect DNA or fingerprint the thing so you could gleefully and selfrightousely confront them personally to berate and belittle them.. when the right thing to do the whole time would have simply been take 20 seconds to walk a few steps and pick the bottle up.

As i do not want this thread to be another one hijacked by flamers, I won't be wasting any more energy on replying to baseless hateful remarks from the flamers or from the more articulate fact smashers, I couldnt resist on this one though as it was such a blatant, glaring example of the point I just made, lol.
Last edited by Froog; 10-14-2011 at 03:39 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Protip: OP doesn't actually have kids, the "kids" he is referring to are his characters. Its pretty obvious you are guilty, give it up, you got caught, boxing ruins the server, deal with it.

Edit: I still give you props for the thread title though.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Large Rat

Froog... quit feeding the trolls man! Don't you see they're feasting, Froog? FEASTING!
Last edited by Holysmoke; 10-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Posted whole thing in bold, then realized it wasn't "that" important :P
Old 10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Is that some Barack Obama hash?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
As i do not want this thread to be another one hijacked by flamers, I won't be wasting any more energy on replying to baseless hateful remarks from the flamers or from the more articulate fact smashers, I couldnt resist on this one though as it was such a blatant, glaring example of the point I just made, lol.
Too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that some Barack Obama hash?
Ecstasy, I believe.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad you posted this though, hopefully it will deter other potential boxers from 2boxing.
To be honest it has deterred me from even requesting an IP exemption for legitimate duoing...
I'll be traveling for the holidays and am going to spend some time over a friends house who also plays P99, but now I kind of feel like asking for an IP exemption would be too nerve-racking! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread