Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest it has deterred me from even requesting an IP exemption for legitimate duoing...
I'll be traveling for the holidays and am going to spend some time over a friends house who also plays P99, but now I kind of feel like asking for an IP exemption would be too nerve-racking! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you afraid of? If you DON'T BOX while you're online you WON'T GET BANNED. It sounds like it's very easy to prove whether or not someone is two boxing, and the OP clearly failed the test.

I have 3 irl friends who all play at the same house on occasion for LAN sessions-they asked for an IP-Exemption for that reason alone. They've done this on multiple occasions, and there has never been an instance of "confusion" where a GM could have swooped in and considered them to be one person boxing all 3 accounts. We don't even talk in chat (we use ventrilo) and just by the pure actions per minute happening you'd know instantly they are three individual players.

OP is stretching all of his final resources to try to get unbanned. Even with the fact that he claims his 7-year-old was in the other room and was playing the character, he goes on to state that his 7-year-old doesn't understand EQ and "was doing whatever a 7-year-old does". Despite the fact that he wasn't physically two-boxing he performed the same task by having someone down the hall click trade (or whatever). You could train your dog to hit trade, that'd probably be considered two-boxing as well...

In summary: Don't be a retard and you wont get banned.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In summary: Don't be a retard and you wont get banned.
I wouldn't say that - I've had friends auto-follow me across WK and someone accused us of boxing. Fortunately, at that time, my friend was not at my house playing. I don't know if a guide or GM ever investigated.

All it takes is a moment of confusion on anyone's - yours, the accusing party, the guide/GM - and you're banned. When my wife and I play, we're quite careful about avoiding behavior that causes suspicion like auto-follow. If we get banned for it - no big deal, we'll move on to something else.

I'm not going to comment on the story, because it's quite evident that the guides and GMs aren't doing anything further. Should they? It's not anyone's call but the GM's. I agree that it sucks for the OP IF he wasn't boxing, but that's part of the risks for the IP exemption.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't say that - I've had friends auto-follow me across WK and someone accused us of boxing. Fortunately, at that time, my friend was not at my house playing. I don't know if a guide or GM ever investigated.

All it takes is a moment of confusion on anyone's - yours, the accusing party, the guide/GM - and you're banned.
Someone accusing you of two-boxing and being banned are entirely two different things and I think you should give the GMs a little more credit. A moment of confusion on the part of a GM is all it takes to be banned? They have stated numerous times that they check multiple ways for two-boxing so unless its an extremely unlucky streak of 'confusion' then I'm gonna say you'd be fine.

Quote:
When my wife and I play, we're quite careful about avoiding behavior that causes suspicion like auto-follow. If we get banned for it - no big deal, we'll move on to something else.
I played with my brother with an IP exemption for maybe 10 months. I've never had this tin foil hat mentality and I frankly don't understand it.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all, thank you to all the people so far that have posted thier support and well wishes. Its greatly appreciated =) And the one or two people that have the opinion that I may be, or am lying, I honeslty respect your view of the situation,I just disagree with you regarding this issue=)

As far as the fewlolz l00k at mez!I g0nna post some randomn a$$ hateful nonsense" board troll remarks, We knew from any previous public board posting, regardless of the content, that posting in the open forums would inevetibly have a few of these gems of wisdom sprinkled in. No harm no foul, just ignored.

Then there are the posts that are unfortunately a lot more harmful as they will distort a remark or sentence, imply something that is complete fiction, or take one sentence/remark out of context, or even put words in other's mouths to try (and unfortunately sometimes succeed) and make pple believe its already a forgone fact;

A lot of the time it will come across as a rational viewpoint/opinion, But in reality Its the same hateful bull%^$# as the idiot flamers, just a more intelligent, coherent version of it. These posters put a lot more effort into being vindictive douchebags. generally all you have to do though is take a look at any of their previous posts to realize that all they do is aredently disagree, slam, insult,and flame people for some unfathomable reason. Theres rarely, if ever, a positive remark out of thier mouths. Unfortunately, they can keep up thier hateful ways because people wont or are unable to take the time to closer look at the poster, and put thier comment into perspective.

These posters will convieniently leave out everything else... like the fact that I was the one that said she informed us she was watching for days after we suggested she made a hasty decision.

And that not one single scrap of supporting evidence was offered, just more "my decision is final and thats that" comments. Anyway as far as that goes, I think the "this wasn't a hasty, badly made decision, i have been watching for days' was just a baseless defensive reaction to having her decision questioned.

I could not have been watched for days not moving or whatever on two different characters because it did not happen. Any check of server logs would more then verify that I would think.

I am hoping the powers that be will get around to looking into this at some point, I understand they are pretty busy testing and stuff.

From any interaction i've had with the "management" on this server -they seem pretty on the ball and fair, I can't see them not even granting the dignity of a response.

A lot posts ive read in this thread and others have said that Amelinda has never done anything good for anyone and basically just runs around gleefully abusing the little power she has, punishing people.

Although I apreciate the sentiment of support (thank you =),and lord knows im not her biggest fan, lol, I think that stating she never helps anyone may be an exxageration.. at least i hope it is, or someone has burned out from the thankless masses and needs a break.
In Amelinda's defence, being a guide or GM or even an officer or leader of a guild is generally a thankless job. You can't make everyone happy and most people just remember the negative things and forget the good. Or think that some decision made opposite thier viewpoint was personal and aimed directly at them. Often there is a percieved personal slight or grudge that you have no idea about and never intended and for the next month or so this person will argue every decision you make, regardless of the merit, just out of spite.

This being said, i truely believe our bans were a mistake, and was not personal at all. i don't believe we were targeted.

I think that maybe a hasty opinion was made..(who knows, guides are human, maybe she was just having a bad day) .. and square pegs were hammered into round holes to fit that original opinion.

I am hoping she can put aside whatever defensive reflex is holding her back and take a logical, unbiased look at the situation and facts, or Rogean or any other guide can look at this and come to thier own opinion as well.

I understand the need for public continuity in leadership decisions,...

so again, I will keep quietly checking my pm's and we will keep checking the accounts that were banned to see if they have been reinstated, and we will never bring this up again if we are allowed to come back.
In fact ,we will oddly enough; have a complete memory loss about this if asked, heh, just please, please let us play again =/

Surely someone has had a helpful, positive experience with Amelinda, where she helped someone in need?
I so wish to christ Rogean he forgives you of your sins
Old 10-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Sarnak

did N E 1 evn ask if we cud meet hiz famli?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 AM
Banned

^
Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did N E 1 evn ask if we cud meet hiz famli?
We are more then willing, as I stated earlier, to hop on Ventrillo (the three of us) or even a vdeo chat on skype, or windows live etc., with any of the GM's/ Guides if requested

We will not be posting real life pictures of our family, specially our kids, however, on an public open forum.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP sounds pretty fucking guilty to me.

Your story sounds like a semi-elaborate load of bullshit that is merely an attempt to shirk justice. I happen to know that the staff does not impulsively permaban people without good reason. For the very few people that are wrongly punished, I hope the system of recourse on our great server works out for you. However, I do not believe the OP is one of these people.

Furthermore, taking your appeal public (after it fails privately) and questioning the integrity of the staff is a good way to get ignored forever probably. Just cut your losses and start over, idiot.
Arren't you a bundle of sunshine, lol.
Anyway I didn't "question the integrity of the staff".. if you took the time to read any of my posts, you would have read that I had utmost respect and appreciation for 'the staff" and went on to say that every dealing ive had with them has been fair and fast.
I also we always took the time to say thank you for the server to any guide or gm we came acroos ig.

I did question one decision of one guide, and yes, I said I was upset becuase it was impossible I did what she said.

Again, before flaming me, if you read the posts, after only one player said Amelinda was helpful.. and numerous posts stated Amelinda was everything from "never helps anyone just runs around banning and punishing people" and "heard many times she has banned too fast and wrongly", to "I would take the side of anyone and thier dog before i would believe her", etc etc, I even made a whole post defending her.
...does that really sound like i was "questioning the integrity of the staff"? You make it sound, and Im sure purposely so, that I was flaming the p99 founders to the devs and thier children, and children's children.

Again, read a lot of your posts, I doubt anything I could say would take that chip off your shoulder.
But srsly? You had to throw in an "idiot" at the end? Personally atacking the poster to try and further your point of view instead of debating the issue and focussing on the facts is the real idiocy IMO. Generally speaking, people do this either because A)They have low intellegence and just can't grasp the big picture so they get frustrated at thier own idiocy and start childishly lashing out at the person.
B) They just don't have enough facts or anything solid to back up thier side of the argument and thier argument is weak, so they try and belittle the person, hoping to lower thier credability.... Im going to assume its B on this one as you seem intellegent enough.

"The world is round"

"Uh uh! 'cause your a poo poo head!"

sigh got sucked in again. Considering the amount of intelligent, coherrent posts of support so far (again thank you =), and the lions share (not all though, i respect the cple of pple who honestly have a differing view) of the ones that disagree are mostly just being hateful becuase thats the way they always are, I should really have faith in the server population to see through the half truths, exaggerations, misqoutes etc, lol, i wont be responding to any drivel again, no matter how far you twist my words or mangle the facts. Ive posted more in this thread then the whole time on the server I think, lol.
Last edited by Froog; 10-15-2011 at 05:17 AM..
Old 10-15-2011, 05:42 AM
Fire Giant

Well you have to hear what the GM have to say about this to make an opinion. If they were banned out of the blue for not being able to move separate ways in an instant or if this was something that had been investigated for a long time with many different proofs of boxing.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are more then willing, as I stated earlier, to hop on Ventrillo (the three of us) or even a vdeo chat on skype, or windows live etc., with any of the GM's/ Guides if requested

We will not be posting real life pictures of our family, specially our kids, however, on an public open forum.
You have serius issues pal.
Closed Thread