Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default Questions bout Fungi Tunic

I have a couple questions about the Fungi Tunic I was hoping someone could answer them.

First, how much better it is then a Rubi BP? I know Rubi BP is like +3 Regen, but what is the +Regen on a Fungi? Also, does the +Regen stack with racial +regen? For example, an Iksar Monk, does whatever there racial +regen stack on top of the Fungi Tunic regen? Lastly, how much do you all think the avrg price will be for a tunic when kunark hits and it gets farmed? What was it worth of live?
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Aviak

Dont remember what the regen rate is for Fungi, trying to find it on the monk boards.

I do believe racial stacks with the fungi.

Not too sure for other servers but on Bristlebane Fungi was anywhere from 75k-40k. Then again it depends how far back you go.... obviously.

I know the prices for items here so far compared to what they were on BB are a fair bit higher.

My ride
Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Sarnak

Fungi regen is +15. It stacks 100% with racial regen, they are different tables. Price is going to easily exceed 100k. AoN just sold for 100kish and Manastones are 30-50k on average lately. Makes me think that easily Fungi, depending on rarity, will sell at 100k+.

Plat stops having value sooner than later, especially in the 100k item range. People farming it wont want to sell it, easier to farm 10 yaks than 1 Fungus Covered Scale Tunic.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Aviak

I think they were 30-35k when kunark came out on my old server, don't remember.

It is rare, the thing about it though is that you need not just a group but a good one to camp it. Necros/Enchanters can't solo farm it. I remember losing several rolls before finally getting one. The staff on the other hand, is very very rare, and is eventually, nerfed. The pre-nerf staff is clickable from inventory by any class. To give you an idea of how rare the staff is, there were only 2 on my server I think. I knew a necro who had one, and there was supposedly 1 more.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Banned

I don't think it'll be in the 100k range, but i do think it'll be hard to find one for sale.

On prexus they ran for 40k at first and then 20k+, which isn't too bad but keep in mind the camp is sat on 24/7.

i can only think of 2 classes that really benefit from a fungi more than any other from 1-60. At some point the other classes just outgrow it or simply don't put it to as much use as they did in earlier levels. After that it becomes a backpack item for them and then is often sold.

Was it worth it? well... if you have a good guild and friends to PL you then no it isn't. if you have a ton of money or are a shaman/monk then yes, it's worth it.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

camp might be sat on 24/7 at first, but after a couple of months it will many times be open.

it isn't an "easy" camp. you need a pretty decent grp willing to spend a long time in an otherwise mostly boring area for 60s. it really isn't soloable (maybe an extremely well equipped necro or chanter could break the camp and hold it, but not likely imo before high end velious).

it will be camped often, but i'd say after a couple months there is a good chance that you can find it uncamped.

the cost on fungi is hard to put a finger on. it isn't the same range imo as AoN and manastone. these items are priceless EQ icons. I'd say, with our current prices and after the initial splurge to acquire one at any cost, the price will settle to around 60k or so.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

IB and a few other guilds sat on manastone amost 24/7 here till it was removed from game. It will be camped for profit, guild bank, alts. You guys are clueless it will be like manastone here on classic pre revamp.

Easily exceeding 100k a tunic
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Planar Protector

Bit harsh calling people clueless, think about it, in classic hardcore folks probably got to 50 in like a week or 2, then had nothing better to do than camp manastones and other items.

This is a new expansion, where there's going to be numerous guilds raiding targets as they spawn, camping keys for VP / HS / Seb, Doing epic mobs.

Keeping in mind that most people will be noobing around in FoB on their iksars, i don't see fungi being overcamped at the beginning, and the people who get it initially, will be able sell it for 100k+ given that alot of the people right now will be collecting alot of money because there's nothing else to do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kunark has a lot of things to do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Planar Protector

there was an AON for sale?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Aviak

Most shaman I knew bought rubi if they wanted regen. Fungi is a monk item. Also, I remember easily duoing the camp easily as a monk+shaman, we were probably both 60 at the time and I was using the unnerfed runed fighters staff.
Last edited by Aedin; 05-14-2010 at 07:43 AM..
Closed Thread