Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Project Manager

Default Charmed npcs should not process quest faction

I was thinking earlier.. and I'm almost certain... A charmed npc should not process faction hits.. whether they are good or bad. Went to check on an npc, and sure enough, it is working at the moment.

i.e.

Example quest which would give an item, coin, experience, and the following faction messages:
Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk Underground got better.
Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk got better.
Your faction standing with Carson McCabe got better.
Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards got better.
Your faction standing with The Freeport Militia got better.

If the npc was charmed, however, it would give an item, coin, experience, but NO faction.

Anyone know more about this, or remember differently?
Last edited by nilbog; 01-06-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Old 01-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Project Manager

Updated OP with an example to be clearer.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=8592
Quote:
06-18-03, 08:22 AM
Patofnaud
Veteran

Re: Worker Sledgemallet
Note: Turning in items to a charmed NPC will result in the reward (as long as faction is met) but will not result in faction hits. Edited by: patofnaud at: 6/18/03 7:22 am
It is known.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Project Manager

Cool, here's the ones I found:

Quote:
That's correct - there are no faction hits from quest turn-ins to charmed NPCs. They do give the quest reward (not particularly important in this quest, but it is in some).
http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...?f=179&t=72689
Quote:
so you'd have to get in good terms with him before you can turn in wine... hmm do charmed npcs give faction hits for quests?

Like Menarion said, the invis trick works great. You will need a friend to cast invis on you each time you do the turn in for about 15 minutes until you get good enough faction to do without. Charmed NPCs give no faction.
http://www.graffe.com/forums/archive...p/t-7224.html?
Quote:

I can't confirm that this is correct or not, but it seems to me that if the Seeker is charmed, the turnin will work. Charming an NPC generally allows you to complete any quest that doesn't require faction higher than indifferent, though it is useless for faction-gaining (charmed NPC's don't give faction when you do their quests).
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5645
Quote:
My wizard was super-KOS from lots and lots of POG raids. I con'd KOS (scowls) to Pandos. Improved Invis didnt work, as expected. I was told that turning muffins in to a charmed NPC wont give you the faction, so I didnt try that.

Oh, and as mentioned previously, charm works to pacify him, but you get no faction hits from the quest then.

I was charming him tonight for 2 hours and i was getting exp, but not notice of faction changes. i figure i'm close to 800 muffins. Will charm work or do i need to do thie invis thing with a friend?

Doing quests with charmed NPCs will not raise faction sadly. The rest of the quest will work, but faction will not change. You will either need to use a sneak/hide or FD method, or get a friend to help you with the invis method.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=611
Old 01-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think FD method is not working on p99. Is it supposed to?
From another post in the thread:
"the only way you could do it is if you FD behind him, then sneak, and then stand up and you can be indiff and start handing, thats how i always do it on my ikky monk, who is max or ally to every good city "

As much as I'd love to be able to do FD turn-ins, I don't think it should be possible.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From another post in the thread:
"the only way you could do it is if you FD behind him, then sneak, and then stand up and you can be indiff and start handing, thats how i always do it on my ikky monk, who is max or ally to every good city "

As much as I'd love to be able to do FD turn-ins, I don't think it should be possible.
This is the accurate 'FD Trick'. Turning in while FD should result in you losing everything because you are not supposed to be a valid target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I just did the tizmak meat mini-quest today.
I'm a 49 monk with around 130 Sneak skill. Bloodmaw was ready to attack despite Sneaking and being directly behind him. He would attack as soon as I attempted to open trade, maybe I was too close I dunno.
Anyway...I tried FD and he immediately conned indiff and ceased attacking. Now I don't know if this next part is common or odd (I don't FD trade a lot) but when I tried to give him the first meat I got the 'I'm busy' message. After a couple of tries I was able to open a trade window by standing, clicking item on him and FD'ing again quickly. Once open, the trade window stayed open and I was able to complete the trade while FD. He then de-spawned as advertised and the gnome accepted the "I want the map piece' phrase and gave me Third Piece of Velious Map (not sure if that's the exact name).
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5411

bottom of page, date 2001-2002

So essentially theres two ways to do the "FD trick" that doesn't require sneak

1: FD near a merb, stand and initiate trade before agro tick happens, FD again to complete trade.

2: FD near a merb, stand and turn in a single piece before the agro tick happens, FD again, repeat for every piece, like you are MQing to yourself.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Project Manager

Bump.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Off-topic... but...
My understanding is and always was that for turn-ins you could be FD or whatever when you opened the give window, the issue is your faction at the instant you click give, and that if you could invis/hide/sneak/whatever, you'd get to turn in with "indifferent" faction without any other mechanics coming into play. Hiding with a trade window opened (wasn't possible til Luclin client) is nerfed on P99 now so that one doesn't matter any more.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump.
Ur bumpin stuff so I will fix it huh?

Coded ......
Closed Thread