Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Default PS2 Everquest Online Adventures & how it was the best PVP experience in history.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was cruising around the internet and remembering how I couldn't play EQ online adventures because there was no PVP, and feeling really bad about it when I saw this map.

I think it would be fun to have a PVP server with a map that looks like this, tightened up so people are more concentrated. Kunark will never release because 20 billion acres of virgin forest is just too much land for good PvP plus I hate how the dense rainforests block my vision and I always want to clearcut that stuff so i can raise cattle.

Just for custom rallos zek rules PVP with a different progression and item loot.

Since people are total panzies and really only care about having a lot of pixels because they have no pixels IRL, item drop rates could be increased, but not insanely so, because PvP is supposed to happen around good PvE sites. The only no drop items could be custom quested gear that have a sort of progression, but under all circumstances they are 100% always less good then the better droppable gear, and should actually take longer to attain. Still, at maximum level, the no drop stuff is good enough for PVE, and the advantage of wearing droppable stuff should outweigh the disadvantage of risking it (at least for brawny guys).

The idea would be that the custom quest junk is some personalized hand made stuff modified to your toons specs and just doesn't work on anyone else.

The stuff made by master craftsmen is universal fit because its just so magical.

The single continent just gives the 200 maximum players less chance to hide. Ocean zones would still be in place but the boat would just cruise around the continent or whatever.

So yeah I just got off the phone with some venture capitalists and they are 100% on board. They have already seen the PvP community forum and feel like you guys are all great people.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Banned

Not really

What you need is a non-shitty ruleset that encourages PVP (no xp loss, item loot, 3.0 xp) to keep the 600 people we had at the 2011 launch of red.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

/amen I prefer beauty (vanity), and personal achievement to toys that give me raw power.

Pixel power if for children.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

*is
Old 02-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Tradesonred people complain about lack of PvP now and there is a huge exp boost and zero penalty for PvP.

600 people at launch were there to see if game would be fun. The worst thing that happened to server was a 8 month beta where no changes were ever made besides needing the dark rivers flow east quest in rivervale.

It showed right from the beginning that no care was given. Game needed so much work and beta was a great time to experiment but no experimentation was done.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

The quested stufd can be really nice looking runlvlzero. Then you can have beauty and then other people can have a more PvP focused server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Banned

I don't mean to say that farming gear shouldn't be a part of the MMO pvp experience, investing time, exploring, to find those good +5sv items IS part of what makes EQ pvp funner than just quake.

But having to spend 3 yrs to catch up to people decked out in no drop +5 sv all is no fun.

Having the ability to group and use teamwork and item loot, and aquire equivelent gear without investing PvE time would be a lot funner than spending 2 months to gear a char with jboots, pegi, and 120svs.

I lose interest in the game within 1 month and never really acheive outside of group efforts. Because I am not a pixel grinding machine and life > EQ

That is why pop sux, and PvP is on the minimum and why we lose players to attrition. Right now you have to be an allstar neckbeard MMO korean pro athlete to PvP were the TOP HEAVY population is.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Banned

Some people like having that gear gap, and I would say honestly that's the majority that I'm criticizing with my original post.

Fuck them. I don't really give a rats ass how they want it. It's dumb. IMO. Middle ground needs to be sought for a fun game vs life sucking hobby.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned

Also, shit should look good ) or be customizable. Especially the player made stuff. Mob dropped stuff should be unique and stand out as what it is so people can see what people are wearing without inspecting.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Banned

I heard good things about eq online adventures, also don't talk to runlevelzero or he wont shutup for a month
Closed Thread