Old 10-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Imma dust Civ 5 off I think

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-26-2016, 01:15 AM
Banned

Thanks guys.

I just want to take a quiet minute here. A moment to let you know.

GILGAMESH IS FUCKIN BEASSTTT YAWWWWYEEEEEEHAWWWWWW

check it

sumeria comes in hot and heavy with THIS mofo as the leader
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

that's right. my radio edit both epic AND swole

he comes in hot. heavy. fast with the War Carts.

War Carts are very powerful units. You can build them immediately no Tech req., the War Carts are the strongest starting military unit and do not take penalty when fighting pole arm units. They are very powerful. These are heavy hitters.

You can also build the Ziggurat for big sci boosts early on (iirc).
The sheer intense aggro levels early game off Sumeria just makes me smile. It takes little to no strategy I suppose, but this was easily the most fun game I played.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

^ alright maybe getting Civ 6 and not dusting off Civ 5 afterall.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Banned

my game is playing the entirety of the audio of the opening cinematic mid-game for no reason...bizarre bug
Old 10-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Banned

After morning sex I took a moment to reflect on this game further.

They did build in the dopamine triggers in the form or Eureka! Moments (when you accomplish the mini quest that cuts tech research time in half). Unfortunately, these are very easy to accomplish and happen so often that they don't really make me nut.

Furthermore, finding the civ 6 equivalent of ancient ruins also lets me down. The art style of the reward box is less delicious. However, discovering a great work is a pretty big rush.

Civ 5 golden ages were MASSIVE dopamine triggers.

It's also not as fun to explore early on with scouts. This is because scouts move more slowly than they did in civ 5 (before promotions). Encountering friendly tribes doesn't feel as epic as ancient ruins. I'd much rather find marble ruins than thatch huts populates by savages.

Final point for now : while the civil liberties tech tree is a good game design, it is less juicy than the policy trees of civ 5. The disparate art style in 5 made policies feel totally different than research. It also made more definition for your culture. In civ 6,you ultimately all have the same cultural policies. I really loved pumping liberty in 5 to get aggressive city placement, or having a huge city with tradition.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Banned

DOUBLE POST = MAD

I think I figured out what happened with this game. They made it so intricate and contrived that it stopped being fun. This game is just not as fun as Civ 5. So when the play testers came around and they realized this very complex strategy system just isn't that enjoyable, I'm talking I don't want to play for more than a couple hrs at a time MAX, very low to no cravings for it, etc., they said "we need to make this game feel more FUN!"

So what did they do? The Creative Director was suddenly in charge of making Civ 6 feel like a fun game. Instead of sticking with their realist artwork of 5, they branched off and went into the god-awful, cartoon like "game" artwork that we see.

^ cleopatra. Yaw. I feel real inspired by her feminine power. JK. she looks like a collagen inflated WHORE.

now look at this chinese fuck:

These faces are fucking disgusting. And I can just hear the Art Director stroking himself over how they look so "fun."

"When they see this art they will definitely know they are playing a FUN GAME," is probably what he thought.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks guys.

I just want to take a quiet minute here. A moment to let you know.

GILGAMESH IS FUCKIN BEASSTTT YAWWWWYEEEEEEHAWWWWWW

check it

sumeria comes in hot and heavy with THIS mofo as the leader

that's right. my radio edit both epic AND swole

he comes in hot. heavy. fast with the War Carts.

War Carts are very powerful units. You can build them immediately no Tech req., the War Carts are the strongest starting military unit and do not take penalty when fighting pole arm units. They are very powerful. These are heavy hitters.

You can also build the Ziggurat for big sci boosts early on (iirc).
The sheer intense aggro levels early game off Sumeria just makes me smile. It takes little to no strategy I suppose, but this was easily the most fun game I played.
found skarlorn IRL

im pretty far in my game now, cleared my entire continent of subhumans (playing the beauty Cleopatra) and now gunning for science victory I think. Dopamine triggers for combat and capturing cities are still STRONG and I like the combining armies mechanics.

Agreed about the eureka moments. There are too many, they mostly happen accidentally, and playing the game well will require memorizing and planning out all of them (ie, gotta build 1 slinger and get a kill with it every game even tho slingers suck DICK etc). it's like integrating xbox achievements into gameplay. The game lacks the fun factor.

But it's still way better than civ 5 was at launch -- i have high hopes for the expansion schedule.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Banned

game crashes 100% of the time if you change policies with a trader unit selected
Old 10-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

enough bullshitin cop civ 6 or reload civ 5?

Old 10-26-2016, 06:09 PM
Banned

im all about the 3rd option if u know what i'm saying =))
Closed Thread