Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Orc

Default What's so bad about going Anon?

what's the big deal? i've gone anon a few times for various reasons and have pretty much instantly been called out for it..

who cares? I'm not doing it cause I think I'm cooler than everyone or something... seriously why do people care.

is it considered snobby?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's about as big of a deal as inspecting people without asking them, and having them get angry about it.

AKA it shouldn't matter at all and people who get worked up over it are ridiculous.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's the big deal? i've gone anon a few times for various reasons and have pretty much instantly been called out for it..

who cares? I'm not doing it cause I think I'm cooler than everyone or something... seriously why do people care.

is it considered snobby?
its a pain if someone is going to camp.farm.xp and everyones annon.. the other night i was like oh man i cant wait to get to lguk /who all gukbottom oh wow zones empty i wonder whats up... i run 5 zones over get there, 23 people in zone, call a CC everythings camped

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

its not a pvp server no need to hide
Old 03-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Anon and Role are the worst things to have ever happened to EQ (cept Luclin models).
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

I think it got a bad rap because anon/rp people were often labeled as warpers, using MQ.

Also, many guild attendance tools for raids require you to be /rp or nothing at all to work effectively.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

its pretty annoying sometimes, I can understand why clerics and druids would do it, but it seems like 75% of the damned server is anon, a lot of times I wanna know waht class or race someone is, and I can't, i really don't understand why anyone would want to be anon in such as player oriented game....
Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anon and Role are the best things to have ever happened to EQ (except Luclin, PoP, and OoW).
I agree totally.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

im /role all the time, to reduce the rez tells to ~100 a day ... sooo sue me!
Last edited by Uaellaen; 03-06-2010 at 11:02 PM..
Old 03-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im /role all the time, to reduze the rez tells to ~100 a day ... sooo sue me!
Thats understandable, but why a shadowknight would go anon is beyond me...
Old 03-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by siinge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the other night i was like oh man i cant wait to get to lguk /who all gukbottom oh wow zones empty i wonder whats up... i run 5 zones over get there, 23 people in zone
This is one big reason for me to not like anon.

Also, as a druid I port new group members to the fight, but sometimes i want to run toward the person to speed it up. However, if that person in anon I can't tell exactly where he is without having to ask him all the time.
Closed Thread