Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You completely missed my point.
I guess so. What was it?

My point was cold brew is superior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You completely missed my point.
Ironic.

A former teacher of mine brought in Turkish/Arabic Coffee (advanced arabic class, culture immersion, etc)...a bunch of kids downed a shot glass worth of it and then nearly vomited when they realized a slimy mass of grinds was at the bottom.

I dunno, I brew my green tea from loose-leaves and don't care about the small amount of particulates in the bottom of every batch (although admittedly coffee grinds probably taste a little closer to butt than pieces of green tea leaves) - I buy a 10lb bag for 7.99 when i'm in the Tampa Bay area (can't find bags like that anywhere close to North Florida). Super cheap, tastes way better than those stupid pre-made baggies at any grocery store...

Sadly I go through like a pound and a half of that stuff a month when i'm on a big kick for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 09:51 PM..
Old 09-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

And it goes straight to your ass
Old 09-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feachie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is "iced coffee" in vietnamese. in this thread feachie is going to show you how to make perfect iced coffee every time. it's not a traditional recipe, but it's a good one. i use a cold brew method which takes a bit of time, but is worth it in the end.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

shopping list:
2 gallon container
1lb whole bean coffee, the bolder the better
1 can sweetened condensed milk
milk, but you should have that in the fridge if you're half ass domesticated
cheese cloth

total cost >$15

grind your coffee to desired coarseness. i've found that something between a french press and an espresso grind works best. dump your coffee into the 2 gallon container and add water. cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, but longer is better. my best batch so far was with a 48 hour brew time. stir up the mix any time you think about it.

i use a stainless stew pot for this part, you might need a second 2 gallon container if you don't have anything big enough. pour the coffee/water mix through your cheese cloth and discard the grounds. the liquid you strained is obviously your coffee. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

fill your cup half full with coffee, add 3 tablespoons of the condensed milk, a splash of milk, and fill the rest of the cup with ice. sweeten to taste with sugar, and if you like it extra creamy add an extra tablespoon of condensed milk.
This thread sucks. Need's hot sexy Feachie pics come on AMIE post your self in that starbucks getup your dissapointing me here.
Closed Thread